AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Nold
Andy Nold
@andy-nold
Member Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 8:45 am
Last seen: September 9, 2026 9:11 pm
Topics: 278 / Replies: 1755
Reply
RE: How Far is Oklahoma City from Austin?

From the wayback machine (almost 20 years ago!):

11 years ago
Reply
RE: How Far is Oklahoma City from Austin?

It's karma, Kent...Wait, what? Which Andy are you dragging into this mudhole topic? I'm licensed in Oklahoma but I have yet to do a survey there. I ha...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: PLS or LSIT Southern Colorado

That's some beautiful country. Wish I could pull up stakes and do it.

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 1032
Reply
RE: More monument fun

Hey, it's on a line! Not the right one, but sheesh. Lighten up. LOL.The monument at the southeast corner could not be set so a witness was set. Whoeve...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Flag Brake?

Samuel D. GibbsThe eszet in some of the writing got me to wondering if the surveyor was German. It doesn't look like he was. After reading some of Ken...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Flag Brake?

Winner Winner!There we go. I knew someone from east Texas would know.A quick google search reveals:Botanical name: Typha latifolia.The root of Typha l...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Flag Brake?

Original Field NotesThat makes some sense now. The corner falls in what is now an impounded lake. Probably lowlands at the time with enough water to s...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Flag Brake?

Original Field NotesI pulled the original field notes and it looks like it is possible that the draftsman might have misinterpreted the original field...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Flag Brake?

Possible flagstone, but not sure what the meaning is when used in context with break/brake.

12 years ago
Topic
12 years ago
Replies: 21
Views: 1328
Reply
RE: The right place but the WRONG!!!!!! time

But aren't you glad they found it before YOU found it? You'd have spent the entire day there explaining things.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Triple Triangulation Monuments

I would like to hear more about how it was determined the original monument might still be in place and how it was pinpointed.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: What's better than wood stakes for property lines?

> 42" x 2" x 2" (actually 1-1/2" nominal);I saw what you did there. LOL

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Out of Position Corners

Well, how could I not see them before? LOL. They're as plain as the nose on my face now.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Out of Position Corners

> I spent 1/2 an hour looking at the broken stone, one chip 5"x4"x2" about 20 feet from the corner was marked with 4 notches:Are the notches visibl...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Anyone using Datumate Software?

Something on the lines of an industrial grade selfie-stick would do the trick. Bluetooth button controls the shutter.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Basis of Bearings Note - New Winner!

I usually include a note describing stating that the bearings are grid north based on GPS observations conforming to the appropriate State Coordinate ...

12 years ago
Page 49 / 102