AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Nold
Andy Nold
@andy-nold
Member Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 8:45 am
Last seen: September 9, 2026 9:11 pm
Topics: 278 / Replies: 1755
Reply
RE: Climbing Chain Link Fences

If you unloop two of the wires where they join at the top, you can unwind one of the wires, pass through and then thread it back together on the way o...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Do all grids not align to true north?

You do understand that a "due east-west line" is a curved line? Have you consulted with whoever you are working for or whoever sold you the GPS equip...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: House Elevation - Crawlspace Issue Unresolved

Where? If you're in Houston area, I know a surveyor who does forensic type surveying.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Those Darn Termites!

Hey, now it's portable. You've got a RR spike with elevation determined. Take it to your next project and don't bother running elevation in, just use ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Do all grids not align to true north?

NGS NCAT If you want to hold the south point and run north then, according to NCAT, you need to apply a convergence angle of 01?ø16'08". ?ÿBecause y...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: No guarantees in this place

I have had enough of the last two years to last me a lifetime. I've lost family, pets, mentors and friends, surprisingly not any from Covid that I can...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Non-survey Trespass

The railroad axles I am familiar with have a dimple on each end for when they go into the wheel lathe to reprofile the wheel. I had a lead on a damag...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Kent M. Mobley, TX RPLS 4796

Kent Mobley Obituary Kent Michael Mobley, 77, passed away in Lewisville, TX on Tuesday, December 28, 2021. The funeral is set for Saturday, January 1...

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 1720
Reply
RE: Ted Dura Dura

I thought I had included the link in my original post. Not sure why it didn't go through.

5 years ago
Topic
5 years ago
Replies: 24
Views: 2702
Reply
RE: Hemi Clack

Hmmm. Not sure if I will buy another Ram next time. I've had the Hemi Tick for a couple years now. That Toyota Tundra is looking better.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Definition of Geomatics

It's frippery, consarnit! Pure frippery.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: PLSS Contracts

Thanks! I think the break downs I am finding in the report is sufficient to generate an average cost per mile for any given territory.?ÿ

5 years ago
Topic
5 years ago
Replies: 3
Views: 609
Reply
RE: 2021 Texas RPLS exam

I would agree with Ken Gold (Decisions) that a tree is a natural monument and I would certainly give it due consideration if such a called for witness...

5 years ago
Topic
5 years ago
Replies: 11
Views: 1651
Reply
RE: Available for at least 5 years

When I was a wee lad, we had a 1957 Chevrolet 3100 with a straight 6. Dad put a camper shell on it and we spent many a mile in the back on trips to Ca...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Former contributors to this site and predecessors---deceased

Ryan Versteeg was a surprise. Much too young. And I worry about those who I don't see posting anymore even though they may still be alive like Richar...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Anybody near Cabazon, CA?

Thanks, Drew. I sent you a direct message. Jerry - I don't really understand your magniloquence. Looking at the streetview of the property on google ...

6 years ago
Page 4 / 102