AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Bruner
Andy Bruner
@andy-bruner
Free
Joined: January 24, 2011 9:42 am
Last seen: August 3, 2026 2:47 pm
Topics: 212 / Replies: 2567
Reply
RE: Things that just chap my hide

For several years I ran the survey department of a medium sized engineering company. The vast majority of our work was for local governments. I alwa...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: When the name tells a story

Holy Cow, post: 401516, member: 50 wrote: One of the most common names (plus minor variations) for a creek is Mud Creek. We have a creek near here ca...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: A couple of monuments

I'm glad we don't have to survey in the snow. Serious question. How do you locate stones in the snow? If it is a ferrous monument is one thing, but...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Confessions from an old surveyor

The majority of the easements that I have surveyed and prepared the easement documents for were sanitary sewer lines. We actually staked the lines on...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: The 20 biggest lies we hear

It should be easy. We had it pulp wooded last year and you can see all the way across.Well that's actually true, but you can't walk fifteen feet with...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: You can't undo what's been done

BK9196, post: 400150, member: 12217 wrote: As they say in surveying.................It depends................. Maybe.Andy

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Blast from the past surveying style!

It's kinda like a Philly cheese steak except it's in Pita bread, and it has real cheese rather than the plastic stuff they use in Philly.Andy

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Blast from the past surveying style!

I thought so. I was an engineer on the construction of the Moccasin Bend WWTP that HS designed. My daughter (now 35) was born in Eastridge. We enjo...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Blast from the past surveying style!

makerofmaps, post: 399896, member: 9079 wrote: We are right now. It is very smokey. 3 fires are within 5 miles of my house. 2 on Lookout Mt. and the o...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: If that's my corner, where's his?

foggyidea, post: 399518, member: 155 wrote: I do use "y'all" frequently. My mother was born and raised in Americus GA and I went to the Univ. of Ala....

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Blast from the past surveying style!

lmbrls, post: 399485, member: 6823 wrote: As you get older, you will listen more patiently to someone claiming you made a mistake, as you have become ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Blast from the past surveying style!

It will happen more than once. I will ride by a site and think, "Yeah we did the boundary survey on this", or "I staked the streets in that subdivisi...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Leveling Tripod

rfc, post: 399236, member: 8882 wrote: What's the advantage of fixed legs? Weight? Is this thing for leveling only? It seems that if you were going to...

10 years ago
Page 78 / 139