AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Bruner
Andy Bruner
@andy-bruner
Free
Joined: January 24, 2011 9:42 am
Last seen: August 3, 2026 2:47 pm
Topics: 212 / Replies: 2567
Reply
RE: Survey Slang

@squirl We used "railroad" for eleven.  

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Oldest monument?

Mine was "Ellicott's Rock"?ÿ on the banks of the Chattooga River as the corner of Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina.?ÿ The date carved in the...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Pure foolishness

Amen and Amen.?ÿ?ÿMonuments (original and undisturbed) determine the corners.?ÿ I don't care HOW accurately you measure or WHAT the deed directions an...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Snow country

Y'all started it and NOW we're getting a blizzard (grin).  Luckily I've got milk and bread.  

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Blame the surveyors

The engineering firm for which I worked was named in a lawsuit when an impaired (drunk) driver ran off the road into a ditch which was being excavated...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Blame the surveyors

Those are funny but unfortunately sometimes true.?ÿ About 40 years ago I was working as a "field engineer" (read surveyor) on a large construction sit...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Snow country

Around here they don't need a snow event.?ÿ Just MENTION snow on the news and the milk and bread disappear. Andy ?ÿ

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Book Club - Mud, Manholes and Machetes

I'll have to order it.?ÿ Richey is from my hometown (Albany, Georgia).?ÿ He is a second generation surveyor and engineer. Andy

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Ever had such a review

@holy-cow That's kinda like one company that I worked for.  The "Lead" RLS was trying to figure out how to decide if the field crews were being p...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Fun With Depositions

@skeeter1996 While that is generally true I know of two who had degrees in engineering and were also Land Surveyors.  I worked for one and learn...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Title by Divorce

I don't do title.?ÿ I can survey the property as described, but only the courts can determine title. Andy

7 years ago
Reply
RE: You might be an old surveyor if...

You carry a Locke level and have an Abney level in the truck. You know how to roll up and tie the plumb bob string. The inside of your right (if you'r...

7 years ago
Page 41 / 139