AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Bruner
Andy Bruner
@andy-bruner
Free
Joined: January 24, 2011 9:42 am
Last seen: August 3, 2026 2:47 pm
Topics: 212 / Replies: 2567
Reply
RE: To blindly follow the deed, W/O considering other evidence

Amen to that. I've got one that I did in 1986 that still bothers me because later I found the missing part of the puzzle. IF I had not been so blind...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Unusual Water Tower Finial in Glen Rose, Texas

I don't know about that one but I have seen water tank finials used as reference azimuths from triangulation stations.Andy

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Cattle Guard vs. Stock Gap

We called "Cattle Gaps", I guess a kind of hybrid name.Andy

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Black Helicopters Overhead While Surveying

Here where I live Lockheed/Martin has a pretty good sized plant. They built and maintain the C-5, are still building the C-130 Hercules, provide upgr...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Subatomic Trees

Many years agoWe were staking a second phase of a residential subdivision and pulled out the old field books to look for control. I found one descrip...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: please help identify this plant

It is a weedAnd for the gardener the test is; Pull it up, if it comes back it's a weed.Andy

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Dumb question?

Maybe. An iron rod is not necessarily a rebar. Rebars (#3 and above) have deformations for bonding with concrete, an iron rod may be smooth. I am a...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Pics from the field a couple of weeks ago in NY

Dang, it's just starting to warm up and you post this photo. BRRRRRRR!!!!Seriously, your crew deserves and pat on the back (along with the steak supp...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Now, if we could get a cage for viscious black flies !

The gaps in the cage are so small, only small fish can swim through. And snakes and leeches and ...Andy

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Talking with the neighbors

To me that is an integral part of your research. Many times I've adjoiners show/tell/give me information that helps solve the jigsaw puzzle.Andy

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Deep Cycle vs. Regular Battery

The warranty may not be any longer on deep cell but I've got one in my camper that is 8 years old, has been completely "dead" at least 4 times and is ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Email from attorney

:good: :good: Andy

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Gift from my Dad

I wonder how many of us could letter that clearly now. If not already lost, it is a dying art.Cool book.Andy

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Career Day

Robot absolutely. But also bring an ordinary instrument (preferably a transit) that they can be hands on with, turn and "see" angles, focus and use t...

13 years ago
Topic
Replies: 10
Views: 557
Reply
RE: Them determined Chinese folks!

HeyHe's got his hardhat and gloves on, what else could he possibly need?Andy

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Manhattan - Crisis in the Making?

Where's Cowboy?He has had some stories of various differences in lengths up there.Andy

13 years ago
Page 103 / 139