AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
a-harris
a-harris
@a-harris
Free
Joined: July 1, 2010 8:10 pm
Topics: 78 / Replies: 8681
Reply
RE: Mystery aluminum spikes and washers

@andy-bruner I've been making hubs with 60d nail thru a beer cap since 1970 except from June 1973 till end of May 1974 when I had to use ash hubs wit...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Plain Ol' Triangles

@mathteacher It all depends upon what resulting shape you will have from a square to an infinite reaching spear. ?ÿ

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Plain Ol' Triangles

@micheal-daubyn-2 I learned to do everything using DMD sheets and when I took my state exam, I showed my work on hand-drawn DMD sheets.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Plain Ol' Triangles

@mathteacher That only works when the hypotenuse is "equal" on both triangles.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: To Ease or not to Ease, That is the Question

I draw setback lines like in the B diagram.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Mystery aluminum spikes and washers

The washers I get at Home Depot or Lowes that I stamp my License number on for use with 60d and 80d nails have "AJC" stamped on them. They are zinc c...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Big Ideas

I worked for an engineering company 40yrs ago that would get jobs all over the place. They had a wizard that we field hands rarely saw because he occ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Useless information

@mightymoe When you go back to do your final location of the structures and buildings and such, you are going to find that a couple inches are the lea...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How effective is your State Board at Dealing with Unlicensed Practice/License abuse Practice?

If the client is willing to be involved and file a complaint and you and several other surveyors join in together, more attention will be gained and T...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How effective is your State Board at Dealing with Unlicensed Practice/License abuse Practice?

@shelby-h-griggs-pls That difference lies in the insurance provider and one is private with regular rates for driving whatever and the other is commer...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Calculators

An HP48GTX with SMI v7 DOT is my daily goto calculator and data collector and computer for everything in the field.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Today's oddball phone call

I'm positive there are a few that are offering surveying services around here, there always have been and there are engineers with survey licenses tha...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC Fails Following Windows Update

Sorry to hear about your problem. My first attempt would be to restore to a previous time. I got 5 EVO SS drives to fix that possibility to replace ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How does this happen?

They don't know how to use their printer and plot to scale and others are simply making it fit on a piece of paper without keeping with standards.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: WiFi Sharing Multiple External Hard Drives

I insist upon keeping an unaltered raw file of all the data collected on one drive. Most of the time this information is only opened once by a transfe...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Plain Ol' Triangles

Me and two others, a classmate and a guy from knowing it all where that showed up went to Houston for a few days at the expense of Houston Lighting an...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Confessions of a 50 yo Rookie

@jules-j Many times the replacement pole goes up where they can drill beside the existing pole and they will saw the old pole off at the ground. ?ÿ

6 years ago
Page 3 / 438