AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
a-harris
a-harris
@a-harris
Free
Joined: July 1, 2010 8:10 pm
Topics: 78 / Replies: 8681
Reply
RE: Hold the steel fence posts? or Ignore them? (Appology for a surveying related post, during all the other activities!)

I have followed many of my own surveys and many more of others and when I go back, many things are not in the same place as I placed them and where I ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Plain Ol' Triangles

When I started as party chief, there were no affordable calculators and I either used DMD sheets and a 7 decimal trig fan to solve traverse closures, ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: effective date vs plan/signature date

Most everywhere, the date you sign your drawing and other papers is the end date of your responsibility as to what is or not on the property. Any cha...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: I hate it when this happens!

About 20yrs ago while surveying a site, we kept hearing a lot of sawing and other engine noises coming from the woods on the west side of the property...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Returning member

Welcome back ???ÿ?ÿ

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Found while Googling for something else

One of the best lessons that my Surveying college professor taught me was that when you had reached the limits of what you know was to have the abilit...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Images not plotting

My print parameters are "window" and "text fill". I pick the window to be printed and input a scale and size of paper and print.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Radios For Base and Receiver

CB radios would get you better range and are available in base and handheld models. I use Uniden waterproof models that claim 25mi range and am lucky ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Transit leveling problem

The entire process to calibrate the level screws and adjust a level is described as "peg ty he level". Google that term and you will get many tutoria...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: They wanted copies of my tax returns & financial statements .

There is no reason to expose you, your company or your people to such an invasive vetting process. Too much personal data on you and your company tha...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: 2 Questions for the price of 1

Much of what shows up on drawings are according to the codes of the area the subdivision is being created and the due diligence carried out by the des...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Writing Deeds

Filling out a deed form is one of the easiest parts of the process apart from advertising the property is for sale, which takes a for sale sign. I ha...

6 years ago
Page 4 / 438