AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

Wireless RS-232C to Bluetooth Adapters

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
1,217 Views
field-dog
(@field-dog)
Posts: 1582
Member
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Looking for recommendations for wireless RS-232C to Bluetooth adapters for our Topcon DL- 502 digital levels. We use MAGNET Field software and FC-5000 field controllers.


 
Posted : November 6, 2018 4:45 pm
dick emery
(@dick-emery)
Posts: 2207
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I put together one, maybe three years ago, for BT'ing serial NMEA0183 data from a chartplotter to Carlson SurvCE so that we could add depth soundings to RTK observations. The BT was something like this:

But without the aerial, so I think it was a lower class (shorter range). It needed a null modem and a power supply (in this case I used 2 or 3 1.5V AA rechargeable batteries). I'm away for 3 days, but when I get back I'll post some images of the setup. It works well, and it's a great feeling when you get things up and running.


 
Posted : November 8, 2018 5:33 pm
tripodita
(@tripodita)
Posts: 22
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Sena Paranis work well too, and come with optional battery packs if power is not available on the levels RS232 port.?ÿ You would also need a data cable, probably from Topcon, to convert the RS-232 port to a DB9 connector.


 
Posted : November 8, 2018 7:29 pm
field-dog
(@field-dog)
Posts: 1582
Member
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 
Posted by: Richard Imrie
?ÿ
I'm away for 3 days, but when I get back I'll post some images of the setup. It works well, and it's a great feeling when you get things up and running.

Thanks!


 
Posted : November 9, 2018 6:26 pm
field-dog
(@field-dog)
Posts: 1582
Member
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 
Posted by: tripodita

Sena Paranis work well too

Thanks!


 
Posted : November 9, 2018 6:28 pm

leegreen
(@leegreen)
Posts: 2187
Member Founder, Sustainer
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Mark,?ÿ

As I explained on the phone the solution is a Sena SD-1000 Serial to Bluetooth.?ÿBut you explained that you(or the county) has no budget to make any purchase for the survey dept, even this lost cost $160 option.

Sorry to say this but you can't help those that won't help themselves.


 
Posted : November 10, 2018 1:21 pm
dick emery
(@dick-emery)
Posts: 2207
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Here's the one I put together. I originally put it together as a BT for a Sokkia Set 3B so that it could wirelessly talk with a iPAQ DC, but then I pulled it and wired it up for the depth sounder - to RTK SurvCE.

The BT module in it is the one on the left below:

The black case strapped to the back is the DC battery pack, lasts forever as the BT power demand is low. I've also wired in a digital voltage display.

You need to be able to serial connect to a computer to run the BT module setup to configure baud etc.

I see in my notes that I also played around with cheaper TLL-RS232 converters and "open" BT modules and set one up for the Sokkia.

However the "premade" BT link is simpler. All up I think the components were say $50. Research/setup/stress time probably came to $5,000.


 
Posted : November 11, 2018 8:26 pm