AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

Trimble TDL 450H and R10 - Repeater settings

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Reactions
5,256 Views
anonymous
(@Anonymous)
Posts: 0
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Hello, does anyone have the settings for a TDL 450H to be used with an R-10 as a base/repeater. I cannot get the TDL to show RX while the base is running.

Thank you!


 
Posted : December 13, 2021 3:40 pm
Williwaw
(@williwaw)
Posts: 3649
Member P&R, Founder
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Do you have the same frequency selected as your base is broadcasting? Those frequencies need to be programmed in by the dealer I believe. It's been a while but I think it's then just a simple matter of arrowing through the options to select 'single repeater' option. Good luck


Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get me.

 
Posted : December 13, 2021 4:08 pm
rover83
(@rover83)
Posts: 2342
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Have you configured the base radio mode (whether internal or external) to be "Base with 1 Repeater"? That's the setting that most people miss. You can have the repeater configured perfectly, but unless the base radio is set to work with a repeater it won't work.

Aside from that, it's all just making sure the baud rate, protocol and freqs are the same.


 
Posted : December 13, 2021 4:14 pm
jbw
 jbw
(@jbw)
Posts: 101
Member Founder
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I'm curious as to what kind of range you get with just the radio? We have a lot of trouble with them. Depending, sometimes 2200ish ft. is troublesome. Flat ground, a few houses around, that's it. In the hills, sometimes have to have a line of sight. Set at 25w to avoid overheating.


 
Posted : December 13, 2021 7:52 pm
jitterboogie
(@jitterboogie)
Posts: 4300
Member P&R, Founder
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I used mine today at 35w, was 5 Miles as the crow flies and yeah, they work awesome.

Most importantly is to get the antenna as high off the ground as possible and not near trees. It's physics, wave propagation nulling beaming cancellation?ÿ etc.

Like Rover and Williwaw mentioned you'll need to connect to the receiver and radio with the DC to confirm and configure.

First though, take the receiver and do a factory default settings reset by inserting a battery and then continuously hold the power button down.

Counting the seconds ?ÿs you press and hold, you'll see the indicator lights light, then cycle, and blink.

They will eventually blink off, and back on.

Times are at 15 30 and 45 seconds (approximately)

When it's done resetting, it will display the single indicator of the power non blinking.

This will erase all data and reset to the factory default settings for the last firmware update.

?ÿ

Try this before you get into chasing the radio channels etc.

?ÿ

Ping me for more info if needed.

?ÿ

I'll respond as I have time, and I have a few versions to go test too.

?ÿ

Good luck

?ÿ


 
Posted : December 13, 2021 11:26 pm

rover83
(@rover83)
Posts: 2342
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 
Posted by: @jbw

I'm curious as to what kind of range you get with just the radio? We have a lot of trouble with them. Depending, sometimes 2200ish ft. is troublesome. Flat ground, a few houses around, that's it. In the hills, sometimes have to have a line of sight. Set at 25w to avoid overheating.

For closer-in work, use the default antenna (believe its an omnidirectional) and set the power to low or middle wattage. Not only will it generate a better signal for that type of work, but it saves battery power too.

For long-distance work, use a high-gain whip antenna, crank it to 25 or 35W, and as @jitterboogie said, get that thing high up off the ground. I've gone about 8-10 miles on open ground.

When you get into serious terrain, it's time to use the internal radio on the base and configure the external as a repeater so you can place it in the best location to route the signal around obstructions. Depending on where you're working either low or high power may be better. As you crank up the power, the radio waves or will "flatten out" and become more focused, making it better for long-range work but far less ideal for short-range.

I've seen users start up the radio at 35W "because it works better" and then try to work within a few hundred feet of it, ignoring the fact that the beam is now blasting out above their heads and wondering why their rovers are having trouble getting the signal.


 
Posted : December 14, 2021 7:42 am
MightyMoe
(@mightymoe)
Posts: 10687
Member P&R, Founder
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

@jbw?ÿ

That sounds like a serious radio failure issue. It may be that you aren't even getting any radio signal from the repeater and only the base radio is connecting to the rover. Usually it's a radio antenna problem with a wire, a connector or possibly the antenna itself. If you have spare parts I would run through them all and check which element might be failing. If you aren't pushing the signal through the antenna it will damage the radio and that makes sense because you're seeing overheating (big red flag).?ÿ

I would quickly get on it, you may damage the radio to where it needs repair or replacement.?ÿ


 
Posted : December 14, 2021 9:24 am
jbw
 jbw
(@jbw)
Posts: 101
Member Founder
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Thank you all. Ketasalmon, I didn't intend to highjack your thread.

?ÿ

The reduced wattage was set by the dealer I believe. All this was done before I arrived at the company, which doesn't really matter, as I had very little rtk experience when I got here. I will try some of the suggestions and see if it helps. We have three of these radios. I have a hard time believing that they are all bad, or the same setting issues are what's wrong with all of them. None of the three get out very far.


 
Posted : December 15, 2021 8:45 pm
fairleywell
(@fairleywell)
Posts: 184
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I recommend only running as high as 25w, especially if you are utilizing more than just GPS and GLONASS.?ÿ Having more constellations lengthens the duty cycle and in turn heats the unit up more.?ÿ This time of year, it won't matter much.?ÿ In a Texas summer, I have seen radios burn up in less than an hour.?ÿ You will get more distance and operating time by running the radio at 25w and raising the antenna 6' than you will by running at 35w.?ÿ?ÿ


 
Posted : December 16, 2021 8:34 am
bill93
(@bill93)
Posts: 10006
Member P&R, Founder
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

@fairleywell?ÿ

35 w/ 25w is an increase of only 1.5 decibel.?ÿ He's right, if your antenna isn't already optimized you can gain more there.


 
Posted : December 16, 2021 9:43 am