AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

"Contact Leica service" error message on 1203+ robot

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
1,127 Views
anonymous_9036
(@Anonymous 9036)
Posts: 1216
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Anyone have any idea what the attached error message means? It happened once today on bootup and I had to pull the battery and restart it...

It did happen a couple of months ago, several times on the same day that I tried a Carlson surcPC demo, but the problem went away when I gave up on that software only the next day. Since it never reoccurred until now I assumed it was something to do with connecting with the demo software (even though that didn't really make sense to me).?ÿ

Maybe it's the CF card? I could take it out and leave it out I guess.?ÿ

If it's likely to fail soon I should let my boss know, ASAP in case of supply issues getting a new robot. Hopefully one of you has seen this before.

Thanks

Mike


 
Posted : December 13, 2021 6:23 pm
brad-ott
(@brad-ott)
Posts: 6178
Member Sustainer
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 
Posted by: @350rocketmike

I should let my boss know, ASAP in case of supply issues getting a new robot.

A good plan.


 
Posted : December 14, 2021 9:39 am
chris-bouffard
(@chris-bouffard)
Posts: 1497
Member P&R, Founder
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

You should always tell your boss about equipment issues when you see them.?ÿ As the department head in our company, I always want to know about them so that I can reach out to my Leica contacts to find out the cause of the problem and what the fix is.

If your boss is looking at buying new Leica equipment, now is the time to do it.?ÿ I just had my sales rep in my office setting up a new Leica TS 16 and Captivate controller and we were talking about supply chain disruptions.?ÿ I had to wait two months for the DC to come in, he told me that the wait now is five months.


 
Posted : December 23, 2021 2:45 pm
anonymous_9036
(@Anonymous 9036)
Posts: 1216
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

@chris-bouffard?ÿ

The problem hasn't reoccured since the last time, I removed the CF card as I feel like that could be the culprit. We do have a backup, so not the end of the world. It's the crappy Sokkia ix. Luckily I have a helper now so he could stand at it and point it towards me when it's going to be losing lock constantly. I was going to mention it to the boss but I know with how swamped he is he wouldn't be contacting anyone about it. I'm the only one who's been in contact with Leica recently.

He won't likely be buying any Leica stuff as he is trying to move to one field software for everything. Currently it's Trimble access and Fieldgenius. I don't think it's worth buying a robot unless it gets me off of Fieldgenius.?ÿ

Funny thing is I have a perfectly good Panasonic tough pad that can run captivate but they won't sell the software without the new tablet that isn't even an upgrade from my Panasonic as far as CPU and ram. $9000 for the tablet and software with trade in of the Panasonic. Normally Trimble is the worst in this regard but I can actually get access for the Panasonic.?ÿ

If they had been willing to sell just the software I probably could have talked my?ÿ boss into it and upgrade to a ts16 in the future. Since they won't do that it's going to be Trimble for sure. Unfortunate since I personally like a lot about the Leica vs Trimble and using the stimulator I like captivate over access.?ÿ

?ÿ


 
Posted : December 23, 2021 3:27 pm
chris-bouffard
(@chris-bouffard)
Posts: 1497
Member P&R, Founder
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

@350rocketmike they both have their pros and cons.?ÿ Leica, by far has the best optics available but everything comes at an expense.?ÿ What I like about the Leica office software is that you can convert your TS and GPS files easily and take the linework into any other software that we want to internally.?ÿ It works well, our drafting staff and the crews have worked together to build our code list so drafting has developed the field to finish routines in Civil 3D to streamline things.


 
Posted : December 23, 2021 3:41 pm

anonymous_9036
(@Anonymous 9036)
Posts: 1216
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

@chris-bouffard?ÿ

Reflectorless also seems to be a strong point of the Leica over the Trimble. I used the s5 for a day. It would take some getting used to the optics and going back to an optical plummet. I would also be missing the full display on the Leica.?ÿ

Like anything you just have to get used to certain things. At this point I'm thinking the error message was something to do with the CF card and the old girl will probably just keep on trucking along until a shiny new Trimble shows up and it becomes the backup and the Sokkia can go bye bye.?ÿ


 
Posted : December 23, 2021 4:04 pm