AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

Like Leica GRZ122 SitePro 360 Degree Prism

10 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
1,172 Views
amdomag
(@amdomag)
Posts: 654
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Anybody has the experience using the SitePro 360 Degree Prism? Is the quality comparable to Leica GRZ122. Does it provide good measurement accuracy? Can it withstand the rigors of work in the field?

Thank you.


 
Posted : March 12, 2016 9:54 am
rj-schneider
(@rj-schneider)
Posts: 2780
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I read this http://leica-geosystems.com/-/media/files/products/white%20papers/leica_surveying_reflectors_wp_en.ashx?la=en&apos ;">Surveying Reflectors White Paper awhile back. It has some valuable technical insight for anyone looking at the merits of different prisms.


 
Posted : March 12, 2016 10:05 am
adam
 adam
(@adam)
Posts: 1165
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I am not sure about the Site Pro one, but I bought one of these from Ebay and it broke the first time I but a reciever on top of it.


 
Posted : March 12, 2016 10:20 am
amdomag
(@amdomag)
Posts: 654
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

The SitePro 360deg prism is not cheap. It is a $900 accessory and made by SitePro. I think, it is made in USA.


 
Posted : March 12, 2016 10:35 am
adam
 adam
(@adam)
Posts: 1165
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

amdomag, post: 361977, member: 1683 wrote: The SitePro 360deg prism is not cheap. It is a $900 accessory and made by SitePro. I think, it is made in USA.

I use Site pro rods and have been impressed. You can get them graduated on the outside of the pole. It's pretty handy not to have to bend down to get a storm drain size. I have bought 2 el cheapo full size 360 with the 5/8" thread on top to mount a reciever and one of them broke the same way too. Luckily Gorilla glue makes a nice epoxy that I used to glue the prism's back together and they have worked fine since.


 
Posted : March 12, 2016 11:23 am

precision-geo-inc
(@precision-geo-inc)
Posts: 155
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

If you're going to spend that much I would just get a genuine Leica. They seem to have superior ATR range compared to most aftermarket models I've tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


 
Posted : March 12, 2016 11:35 am
amdomag
(@amdomag)
Posts: 654
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Precision-geo-inc, post: 361985, member: 9801 wrote: If you're going to spend that much I would just get a genuine Leica. They seem to have superior ATR range compared to most aftermarket models I've tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a Leica user, I am inclined to just get the Leica GRZ122. Just wondering if the SitePro can also provide good performance based on users experience. It is half the Leica price. 😀


 
Posted : March 12, 2016 7:24 pm
pdop 1.0
(@pdop-10)
Posts: 286
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

A mate of mine @jakes_smit dropped his Leica 360 the other day.... from about 4.5m up though.


 
Posted : March 13, 2016 4:54 am
amdomag
(@amdomag)
Posts: 654
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

pdop 1.0, post: 362057, member: 459 wrote: A mate of mine @jakes_smit dropped his Leica 360 the other day.... from about 4.5m up though.

I can feel the pain...


 
Posted : March 13, 2016 10:27 am
precision-geo-inc
(@precision-geo-inc)
Posts: 155
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

That GRZ122 is pricy, but I've heard there is some kind of reinforcement running up center to prevent failures like the one above. I unfortunately have no experience with the SitePro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


 
Posted : March 13, 2016 11:38 pm