AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

leica 1100 robotic controllers

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
747 Views
mattb
(@mattb)
Posts: 112
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Hi all

I have a robotic leica 1100. Fantastic instrument but the interface leaves much to be desired. Looking to swap to a friendlier graphic interface for the controller. Survce for example.

3 questions...

1. What do i need to look for in regards to a controller? It will need to have an internal radio. What frequency is this?

2. Can you suggest what field software to run?

3. Is it possible to run via long range bluetooth with some adapter on the total station?

Thanks

Matt


 
Posted : July 26, 2016 6:29 am
brad-ott
(@brad-ott)
Posts: 6178
Member Sustainer
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I am running my 1998 model TCA 1100 with an older Ranger with TDS Survey Pro software. My radios are long range bluetooth put together by Troy Deaton:

http://www.geo-tronics.com


 
Posted : July 26, 2016 6:37 am
mattb
(@mattb)
Posts: 112
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Hi Brad

Thanks for the reply. Are you able to send me a photo of your setup? You use bluetooth so you have swapped the standard 1100 radio for an external bluetooth radio on the instrument? What about on the Ranger?

I'll have a look at the link you sent aswell.

Thanks

Matt


 
Posted : July 26, 2016 6:43 am
brad-ott
(@brad-ott)
Posts: 6178
Member Sustainer
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 




 
Posted : July 26, 2016 6:50 am
mattb
(@mattb)
Posts: 112
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Hi Brad

Brilliant. Ok, so one attaches to 1100 via lehmo plug and the other steps to you pogo/rod and attaches to Ranger.

I'm guessing there are some settings that need altering on the 1100 as your no longer using the standard radio?


 
Posted : July 26, 2016 6:56 am

cameron-watson-pls
(@cameron-watson-pls)
Posts: 591
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

mattb, post: 382617, member: 8629 wrote: Hi Brad

Brilliant. Ok, so one attaches to 1100 via lehmo plug and the other steps to you pogo/rod and attaches to Ranger.

I'm guessing there are some settings that need altering on the 1100 as your no longer using the standard radio?

The settings are pretty straight forward. Really what you're doing is tricking the robot into thinking it's being run by a wired connection. I ran a 1105 with an Allegro CX for a while using this method but with Piranni SD Bluetooth radios. That setup worked slick and had very measureable increases in productivity over using the original RCS1100 controller.


 
Posted : July 26, 2016 12:51 pm
precision-geo-inc
(@precision-geo-inc)
Posts: 155
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

In my opinion nothing beats the Allegro CE/CX with integrated radio pod and SurvCE with the 1100 robots. You'll need a TPS27 or RM2410 base radio, external battery, and Y cable to make it work.

Let me know if you need some help finding these items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


 
Posted : July 27, 2016 9:51 am
jimmy-cleveland
(@jimmy-cleveland)
Posts: 2808
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I've known Troy for many, many years, and he developed the Bantam radio system for Hayes when he was the service manager for them. The parani radios are what is inside of the black cases. Hayes no longer sells the Bantam radios now that Troy is no longer there.

He has a similar setup available at his website.


 
Posted : July 27, 2016 11:47 am
ramses
(@ramses)
Posts: 126
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I am using a TDS Nomad with a Parani SD 1000 trimmed and fitted inside the GPS cap ( no gps card inside ). I ran 5 wires inside the case from the bottom serial boot to the top cap. 3 wires for Rx, Tx, G and 2 more wires for charging parani's extended battery. This way , when I change the DC, I charge the radio as well. The extended battery is supposed to last 16 hours. I never ran out of juice in either DC, or the radio. I drilled a hole on top of the GPS cap to run the antenna connector through it and I tightened the antenna on top of a thin rubber gasket. This setup it's been in rain and snow many times and it still works. At the Robot (TCRA 1103) side I am using an external 12V battery to power both the Instrument and the radio. I am using a Y cable for this setup. Survce 5 drives the robot without any problems. Range is great (400m). I lost power search ability before I lost Bluetooth connection.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk


 
Posted : May 6, 2017 12:25 pm