Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Does anyone have a copy of a 2026 solar ephemeris sheet? I have a 2025 copy with GHA0, Declination and Semi Diameter.
I am also interested in learning how to create an ephemeris sheet if anyone has that information!
Thank you :]
Here is a rough draft version I made for January. Hopefully someone else will have one so we can compare!
Here is an updated version. I am almost finished designing a field book version of the 2026 Solar Ephemeris!
3 weeks a go, Oct 24, there was a post named "Shoot The Sun". There was an Ephemeris page as some other stuff you might like.
Pretty cool calculator. I have no plans to do a sun shot but it is nice to know about some of the resources.
Be sure to scroll down to the links to spreadsheet apps. You can choose a lat/lon and time of day and date and get a mind-numbing number of data or calculate an entire year.
If you want only want a few items, you can hide the other cells and print what you want.
Here is another solar ephemeris table you can download for 2026. The xlsx version allows changing the month and day and the pdf is for the entire year. I don't like the format they use but the salient info is there.
https://www.nauticalalmanac.it/en/pd-eng-nau-alm
Best regards,
Terry