Trimble Business Center — Produce final deliverables in one workspace. Start free trial.

AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

Simple MapCheck in Carlson2021

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
1,553 Views
Clueless
(@clueless)
Posts: 7
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Support gave me a band-aid fix that is cumbersome. Am I the only dinosaur that mapchecks all plats before I sign? I still use the old C&G routine which is editable and reports closure and area (it has to run on a Windows 7 machine). Fix was to use ENTER DEED DESCRIPTION under the SURVEY menu. ANyone have a better solution??ÿ?ÿ


 
Posted : February 26, 2021 9:05 am
kjypls
(@kjypls)
Posts: 312
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

enter the following in the command line: plreport

?ÿ

or select Polyline Report, which is also found under the Survey menu.

?ÿ

Then, select the polyline you want.

?ÿ

If I understand your question, I am pretty certain that is what you are looking for.

?ÿ

?ÿ


 
Posted : February 26, 2021 10:05 am
Clueless
(@clueless)
Posts: 7
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

@kjypls Thanks for taking the time to reply, but not what I need. I am talking about taking a hard copy of mine or someone else's plat and checking closure and area. Need to hand enter bearings and distances and be able to handle curves.


 
Posted : February 26, 2021 10:21 am
Bryan Newsome
(@bryan-newsome)
Posts: 427
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Greenbriar Graphics Deed Plotter is what we use.

https://deedplotter.com/


 
Posted : February 26, 2021 10:29 am
jph
 jph
(@jph)
Posts: 2331
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Survey/Enter Deed Descrption

Now, I usually use Area Layout/Lot File Manager to check my plan, with a print out of the closure and check my plan vs that.?ÿ

I used to do it the way you're saying in Benchmark software, but I'm fine doing it this way now.?ÿ Either way, as long as you're diligent about checking.?ÿ But you do find missing calls easier when trying to enter it in


 
Posted : February 26, 2021 10:36 am

lakehouse21
(@lakehouse21)
Posts: 54
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I do a mapcheck in Carlson before its signed and set out the door. I've really grow to love the visual map check function, rather then hand typing in my bearings/distances. Does Carlson 2021 not have that old C&G function anymore?


 
Posted : February 26, 2021 11:36 am
lanceboyle93101
(@lanceboyle93101)
Posts: 158
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I use this routine:

COGO/Line by Angle Dist

Option = bearing, azimuth, angle

Create PL from the segments. PL report as above by kjypls


 
Posted : February 28, 2021 12:42 am
MightyMoe
(@mightymoe)
Posts: 10687
Member P&R, Founder
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I use Legal Aid and TBC to map check descriptions.?ÿ


 
Posted : February 28, 2021 8:45 am