Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Has anyone had issues between Carlson 2019/autocad 2015 and Civil 3D when trying to share files?
Me. "What's the difference?"
T.C. Carroll "It's the difference between right and wrong!"
No. Export the LandXML file to you civil3D clients.?ÿ
Although I am not a proponent of propagating proprietary custom objects in a DWG file (mainly for future accessibility to that object data in years/decades to come by our heirs), you might also try (in addition to the LandXML route as suggested by @hooks) the Export Civil 3D Drawing command for some of the more common land development data types. Work will undoubtedly continue on this command to add/incorporate other data types as their export structure becomes viable. I hope this information helps.
ok, since you brought it up...
Export C3D exports a drawing...and it is scaled to US Feet, NOT US Survey feet, regardless of what your original drawing setting is.
Native ACAD does not work in Survey Feet.
I am not sure of the implications, but someone showed that to me. I am still trying to figure out if we care.
Presuming you might have meant (emphasis added for clarity):
Export C3D exports a drawing...and it is scaled to International Feet, NOT US Survey feet, regardless of what your original drawing setting is.
Native ACAD does not work in Survey Feet.
I am not sure of the implications, but someone showed that to me. I am still trying to figure out if we care.
Only you and/or your clients can determine if you can (or should) care (but I suspect you might). However, if you'd like to try some proofs-of-concept, you could explore the before-and-after results by using the Carlson Coordinate Transformation command (you can use the Screen Entities option to scale linework, etc). I hope this information helps.
