AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
stacy-carroll
stacy-carroll
@stacy-carroll
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 8:44 am
Last seen: August 4, 2026 1:41 pm
Topics: 261 / Replies: 734
Reply
RE: JR/SR rights?

Sorry about the delay in replying to this thread. One of our sons (adult) had to have an appendectomy in a hospital 40 miles from home, then our count...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: JR/SR rights?

@peter-lothian I'm meeting with the client next week. Maybe they have an idea what the intent was. It's not clear from the record.

4 months ago
Topic
4 months ago
Replies: 24
Views: 2297
Reply
RE: Let's discuss defining curves in tract descriptions

@holy-cow I don't compute curves for creeks, rivers, etc. When the centerline is the property line it's a mute point. Highways, roads, railroads, etc....

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Let's discuss defining curves in tract descriptions

My question is Why would anyone create a non-tangent curve when software these days nearly does all the work for you? I still have teeth marks on my b...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Lawyers, guns and money

@williwaw That's plan A. I'm still working on plan B. This is my third (maybe more) time attempting to follow the guy that did most of the surveyin...

5 months ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 3628
Reply
RE: Let's discuss ingress/egress easements

One problem I've encountered more than once was that we had a recorded description of an easement, but the servient estate disputed the validity of sa...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Submitting surveys- a poll

There is one county that adds notes to our plat after I sign it and immediately records it. Not cool. Most others return a paper copy, sometimes digit...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: What do you call this type of monument?

The county seat of my home county is also known as the "Granite Capital of the World". There are many granite quarries in the area and that's what the...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Local Subdivision Rules

I've noticed a trend in one county within our work area. Client wants to buy and develop a couple acres. According to the 1970 legal description the p...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Zone AE

@learner 2006

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Zone AE

@bstrand It looks like they used quad maps for the flood study. That's the only reason I could see for the difference.

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Zone AE

In this case, the difference is significant.  

8 months ago
Topic
8 months ago
Replies: 16
Views: 2118
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 1676
Reply
RE: Professional Services Contract?

@jim-frame Sound advice.

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Why not Metric??

The only part of the metric system embraced by the US public is the 9mm.

8 months ago
Page 1 / 50