AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
WA-ID Surveyor
WA-ID Surveyor
@wa-id-surveyor
Member
Joined: March 16, 2012 1:47 pm
Last seen: October 1, 2026 7:06 am
Topics: 14 / Replies: 991
Reply
RE: Rate Schedule

Shawn Billings, post: 425668, member: 6521 wrote: I never went to business school so maybe I'm wrong, but I would think if we were very smart that the...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying Ethics and Conflicts of Interest

I have worked on hundreds of Fixed-Fee projects over the years ranging from as little as 5k to 1.5 million and never once has price been the deciding ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Tips & Tricks

Just use Mleader which can be found in the annotate tab>Leaders>multileader. You can move your text associated with the leader anywhere and the...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Dealing with potential clients who want to dicker.

paden cash, post: 424148, member: 20 wrote: Exactly. A well put together proposal should have something in the neighborhood of 10 to 15% profit anywa...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Dealing with potential clients who want to dicker.

Steve Gilbert, post: 423951, member: 111 wrote: Is Alabama the only state with a BOR that strictly forbids surveyors (and engineers) from competing fo...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Dealing with potential clients who want to dicker.

paden cash, post: 423904, member: 20 wrote: Ask them what part of the survey they would like you to eliminate to lower the fees. Them wanting to pay ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Copy of EC

Hack, post: 421287, member: 708 wrote: I've run into this a few times now and would like the opinions of others.About a year ago we prepared Elevation...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Survey control planning

While we havent set aerial targets in a very long time. If those are also main control points I would generally do as you described. Depending on th...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: SurvCE and Civil 3d

While I sometimes get annoyed at the survey figures i find that 95% of the time I never have to touch them. I import the csv file which creates the f...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Useless Minor Subdivision Plat

I've worked in several municipalities that require your land to be 'platted' prior to a building permit being issued.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: What happened to the respected surveyor???

Lugeyser, post: 417935, member: 1249 wrote: You guys kill me with your belly aching about proposals versus bids.You act like the public and your poten...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: What happened to the respected surveyor???

Stop providing 'bids' would be a good start. That just makes us sound like we're trying to be the cheapest and we want you to hire us becasue we are ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: How much to come dig up my corners?

mattsib79, post: 417654, member: 1138 wrote: The problem with just digging up corners are if the ones you dig are not correct (either not their corner...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Pics from the Field

StLSurveyor, post: 417580, member: 7070 wrote: This too, why bother...When you tell the client we can wait for the snow to melt and get the work done ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you bid a Topographic Survey?

Bear Bait, post: 417509, member: 4459 wrote: Here in my market you low bid most every project if you want to do any work. Especially public money - st...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you bid a Topographic Survey?

In almost all of my topographic survey estimates I provide the necessary specifics to the Party chief that will be overseeing the field work and let h...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Someone in Western Kentucky is Starving

We occasionally get calls for Alta Surveys and they generally start with " I need a bid for an Alta, do you do that?" "yes we do, but we do not provi...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Ring Ring

James Fleming, post: 416312, member: 136 wrote: Client: We looked at your man-hour estimates and you have more than six weeks of field crew time for t...

10 years ago
Page 30 / 51