AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
WA-ID Surveyor
WA-ID Surveyor
@wa-id-surveyor
Member
Joined: March 16, 2012 1:47 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 9:47 am
Topics: 14 / Replies: 991
Reply
RE: DGN to TBC

Not sure if you're using TBC to check coordinates or things of that sort but you'll want to double check things. Bentley inherently uses internationa...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Question for FEMA gurus.

Nice to see common sense. I have not found any of that at FEMA. A not to recent example had our LOMA-F rejected because the existing parcel descript...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: CYA

I always liked seeing the note that the contractor to verify all topographic data before using. As if they are going to budget to complete a full sur...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Significant numbers

I don't doubt that at all, I have encountered my fair share of coordinates that make me scratch my head wondering what the system really is. Sadly, m...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Significant numbers

We, and most in this area never truncate and always scale to 0,0. Being doing it that way forever without any issues at all.

5 months ago
Reply
RE: California, Oregon and Washington

Any ALTA in Idaho will trigger a ROS because you are resolving property lines. We would never record an ALTA, there can be all sorts of information y...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: California, Oregon and Washington

We wouldn't take on a project with that setup/structure. However two decades ago at other firms I have. This is where a clear scope and contract co...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: California, Oregon and Washington

This. As a professional you don't want to be in a position of ' i just staked the boundary where it was in the cad file'. That's the answer from Bob...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: P.O.B.

That instructions are clear (if applicable). If its not applicable it's not going on my map or data.

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Discrepancy Between VRS (Company 1) and Base Station/Rover (Company 2)

I unfortunately have experienced this as well and usually found the answer was ' that's how the salesman told me to use it'. I get it, if you haven't...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Discrepancy Between VRS (Company 1) and Base Station/Rover (Company 2)

Why not just have Company 2 set the control. We only fly sites with control set by us, much easier to control everything that way. Plus, it seems lik...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Any recommendations for third party verified digital signatures?

Good point. I didn't add the details, i was referring to the free 'signature' part of the programs which i use daily to sign contracts and all sort o...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Any recommendations for third party verified digital signatures?

You will want to check your state code, most free signing software such as BluBeam, Adobe, Docusign do not comply with State requirements about verifi...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Man... ChatGPT Is Nice

I have come to realize you have to treat it like a human and provide clear direction. It learns and adapts and BSs you when it can just like a person...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Man... ChatGPT Is Nice

With the paid version you can upload handouts, presentations, you name it. It digests it instantaneously and with proper input can learn quite quickl...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: A thing I used to know

I am not a fan of Grid based acquisition. Nowadays it's obsolete and is low on the hierarchy of importance. When we did grid based topo, the grid sp...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Tired of spending hours plotting deeds?

100%, there is a lot more to a deed than numbers. You can find a lot of useful information not contained in the numbers. With that said, we map coun...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: ROW permits for excation

@bstrand They require a permit to conduct work in their right of way but no one ever enforces it, even when you do State projects. I actually had thi...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Professional Services Contract?

@arkansas-90 Ours is set at 100K max for all projects and we work on some big ones. Never had any issues but then i never really thought about it muc...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Why not Metric??

is Metric better? Probably. Can the US convert, absolutely not. It's too costly and has zero benefit.   I have virtually zero perspective o...

8 months ago
Page 2 / 51