Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 29, 2026 9:47 am
We don't use Carlson but complete all our survey on SPC.?ÿ We set our scale factor in TBC and leave it!?ÿ All field work is imported or exported from ...
It's the company's job to keep people safe and they have failed tremendously.?ÿ The client pays for it all in the end.?ÿ I'm not estimating a job like...
A simpler method would be to use a tree symbol without hatching.?ÿ That's what we use.?ÿ ?ÿWe try to limit hatching as it has caused issues over the y...
Minimal schooling.?ÿ I really do hate the standard school environment in which you must take a bunch of classes not at all related to your future care...
Find what works best for you.?ÿ We never adjust maximum triangle length and never create boundaries and we work with surfaces from 4000 sf to 6 mile l...
Just remember you only have to pass it once.?ÿ I despise tests and will never take another one as long as I can help it.?ÿ Passing the test doesn't ma...
I haven't had to use legal size document on anything except for a CP&F form in over a decade.?ÿ WA still accepts them but does not require them, a...
That's not true in my area @jitterboogie?ÿ There are no survey requirements to transfer property in WA or ID.
Who are "other licensees" and how do you notify them??ÿ Looks like only "material discrepancies" are required to be reported. So pincushions are O.K....
@k-huerth ?ÿHere ya go.
If they did it in ID they can certainly do it in WA.?ÿ Over time all the PLSS corners get set.?ÿ I can't recall the last time a PLSS corner was missin...
This is a great code, although i dont think you have to notify the board unless you can't come to an agreement with the other surveyor.?ÿ There is an ...
I can only assume this survey is from WA, a state in which I work. Someone commented about the Surveyor noting the date found.?ÿ This is required in W...
We conduct oddly shaped topos all the time in Civil3d and rarely use boundaries.?ÿ We just turn the TINN on the delete the unwanted triangles.?ÿ This ...
In response to the original topic...I think we've all been there and you have to pick your battles.?ÿ If it takes 1 keystroke to fix and saves hours o...
We never bid on projects as a race to the bottom is not a great profit center.?ÿ Our rates are comparable to other firms of the same size as far as we...
With a set of well established point numbering protocols and auto populate point groups it's a very simple exercise.?ÿ Nothing in C3D is quick out of ...
@bobwesterman Yes, this can be done.?ÿ We run multiple codes?ÿ like EA1 EA2, or LP EC1 B EG3 EA4 etc....all day long every day with 95% of the linewor...
As busy as everyone should be, this one sounds like a job for the next guy.?ÿ The risk is all on you if they don't close, why take that risk unless yo...