AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
WA-ID Surveyor
WA-ID Surveyor
@wa-id-surveyor
Member
Joined: March 16, 2012 1:47 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 9:47 am
Topics: 14 / Replies: 991
Reply
RE: Civil engineer of the year award goes to...

You can't truly say that's the engineer's fault without the plans. I'd find it hard to believe that was the 'design'. ?ÿ

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Well, now I've done it!

Congrats on the retirement!

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson to C3D transition

We do most of those tasks as well using C3D.?ÿ We've been using it forever so I am not fully up to speed on current training for those tasks.?ÿ I woul...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: R/W resolution

Are you working under the direction of a PLS? If so, all the questions you asked need to be asked of him/her as this is a fairly common task in the su...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: C3D 2020 or 2022

As Putman said, they are all compatible so there are no 'saving issues'.?ÿ With that said, your company should always upgrade together as it makes eve...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Billing the value

@jim-frame True, but that's only in regards to boundary surveying.?ÿ We do a lot of surveying, and boundary surveying is a very small percentage.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Billing the value

It depends on your client.?ÿ Certain municipalities will not accept Lump Sum, some do.?ÿ But, they pay regularly and are consistent.?ÿ We push for lum...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: What percentage of your time is divided among the various survey tasks? How many do you need in a crew>?

1 man crews by design - with the occasional 2 man crew As I advance in my career I do much less actual surveying and more general management. Probabl...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: This Crap gets oldƒ??

I have been in a position to review both City and County plats over the years and always kept my comments to the information required by the City/Coun...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: What are some reasons that you will turn a client down for a job?

It's a project that we're not setup to accomplish efficiently such as small commercial development or small project construction staking. The project ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Question: Old Survey Property Corner Pins - Replace with new Survey Pins?

When platting in Idaho the law requires you to set a minimum of 5/8" rebar and cap at all external plat corners.?ÿ So, if you find 1/2" rebar and caps...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Another Vacation Problem

You would need to check the vacation ordinance.?ÿ From the description it does not indicate the alleys were vacated.?ÿ Without documented proof I woul...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: What would you make of this

I'd be inclined to hold the 50' right of way and run the #s out like Bill did.?ÿ Look at the tangent to the east.?ÿ In the drawing it looks like it ha...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Quasi-Legal descriptions being...

Depending on what state your in there are specific requirements for these types of descriptions.?ÿ I have prepared and reviewed many of them in Idaho....

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Technician - Central WA State

Join the crowd!?ÿ It is nice to see what I would consider a competitive wage from a municipality.?ÿ

4 years ago
Reply
RE: CAD

It serves it purpose, which is strictly DOT work.?ÿ In 30+ years I've never met anyone that used MicroStation willingly?ÿ They are only forced to beca...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: MicroStation Right of Way Mapping

ITD - Idaho?ÿ uses Microstation ORD.?ÿ Its such a PITA program for surveyors i can't even begin to describe the issues.?ÿ I truly don't know how any s...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Dedication and acceptance

In my area of operation, once a road is dedicated and accepted by the maintenance entity such as a county, city or highway district the only way to re...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: What to do when..

I'm lucky enough to set all survey budgets in our office of 30.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: What to do when..

Ask the SUE people 'who is going into the manhole without any safety gear because it wasn't budgeted'.?ÿ See what they say.

4 years ago
Page 15 / 51