AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
WA-ID Surveyor
WA-ID Surveyor
@wa-id-surveyor
Member
Joined: March 16, 2012 1:47 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 9:47 am
Topics: 14 / Replies: 991
Reply
RE: Project down payment?

We used to when we had new private clients.?ÿ It created quite a headache for our accounting department.?ÿ ?ÿNow, we only do private work for people w...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is this ethical? Yes or no.

I'd be interested in how the State agency selected that firm using a qualifications based process.?ÿ That's how all municipal work is completed in eve...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: My purgatory....

@jitterboogie Always looking! I skipped over @rover83s post somehow.?ÿ I agree with everything in your post which is why we never stake work designed...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: My purgatory....

That's what happens when you have non-survey staff prepare data for surveyors.?ÿ I'm still amazed that happens, but certainly not surprised.?ÿ This do...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Another Question

I would refresh yourself on the state statutes regarding this situation and follow them.?ÿ ?ÿI've ran into this before as well and might of even been ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Looking for or showing FEMA SFHA

As usual, it depends.?ÿ It's certainly not required on our boundary surveys but is certainly something you may want to relay to your client.?ÿ If we'r...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Business Center need to shift all elevations on project by a certain amount

Just export a csv and handle the transformations there.?ÿ That's probably the easiest while still maintaining the integrity of your TBC files.?ÿ?ÿ Or...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: For those who made it through Algebra: The next step

Algebra=most useless math class ever, hands down.?ÿ Never used one part of it outside of the classroom.?ÿ I don't hate much, but I have a special hate...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: GIS bone

I agree 100%. Most of the time the GIS gurus don't have a clue about surveying, coordinate systems, epoch, grid to ground scale factors, monuments, et...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: memory problem

Many have mentioned creating a checklist.?ÿ One size does not fit all, as soon they will just ignore the checklist or just rubber stamp it.?ÿ I despis...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: memory problem

Legally, I don't think you have an option.?ÿ They were working, just not making the company any $. Morally, yes, pay them.?ÿ They know they screwed u...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Depth for Bluetops....

Our typical spec is +/- 0.10.?ÿ We'll typically stake it even if it's more than that if it's 'easy pounding' as sometimes that is easier than having t...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Where are all the up and comers?

We haven't been able to find any young up and comers through the standard job posting sites so we changed things up and just tried word of mouth inter...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: WA/OR job outlook

I can't speak for others in this area but i had a co-worker that was a CFED?ÿ and it led to zero actual work and was a serious pain to obtain and main...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble R8-2 issues (Parts and Service)

You'd be $ ahead by putting that money towards a new purchase.?ÿ Trying to repair GPS equipment with off brand parts from China is just asking for tro...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: '3rd party' software companies (like MircoSurvey): What's their future outlook?

IMHO TBC is trying to do too much. I get it, it would be nice to be all in one but their drafting functionality is painful.?ÿ Sure, it can be done.?ÿ ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: TIN Question

You cannot back your TIN in from contours and expect accurate results on most all sites unless the site is all composed of straight grades.?ÿThis woul...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Ideal Monitor Size for duals

2 27s here.?ÿ It really depends on your viewing distance and space.?ÿ I'd like bigger monitors but they would be too big for my space.?ÿ

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access 2022.00.280 update available now

That's what happens when you have non-technical people in charge of technical work.?ÿ Around my place of employment non-surveyors have no say in what ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Will Autodesk Negotiate?

I think that's like negotiating the price of your milk at the grocery store, it's not happening.?ÿ

4 years ago
Page 14 / 51