Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 29, 2026 9:47 am
I thought the item in the orange box created the survey figures which should also double as the breaklines, but that's apparently not the case as the ...
My advice is to never, never calibrate, you will thank me as time progresses if you avoid that cluster of madness. It may be that the company has lo...
@olemanriver Yeah survey figures have their own little set of cad tools. I kinda wish I knew them better, but I also wish I could just build the sur...
Sounds like an odd process/requirement to have utility companies sign a plat Plats seems to have a different meaning depending on your State. We nee...
Sounds like an odd process/requirement to have utility companies sign a plat Plats seems to have a different meaning depending on your State. We nee...
I'd be hard pressed to teach myself GPS if i started GPS work today. You definitely need someone that has done it before to show you the processes an...
@norman-oklahoma does a space between two codes allow for double coding. So edge of conc and gravel road connecting in on shot or multiple overhead li...
Our workflow is to drag the job into TBC to do whatever data processing and then export a simple .csv to use for drafting in Civil 3D. Easy peasy. ...
Bpoly is finicky as it relies on what it and you can see. This is why Bpoly doesnt work on the overall object, it's simply too big and has too many t...
I'm glad they changed the laws in Idaho to stop this type of thing. If you don't accept a mon you are required to contact the other party(s) and reso...
I've been working in WA 30 years and never once had a prevailing wage project. Too much red tape and headaches and un-wanted interactions. We work f...
You can find most firms rates in the meeting minutes of almost any municipality. It can take some digging, but there is a ton of info out there. It'...
All I can say about us is that we target at least a 3.5 multiplier of wages for hourly rates. Lump sum varies greatly depending on the type of job wit...
question - if a surveyor performs a "plot plan" for a client, using say a tape measure, or other imprecise instruments, and not recorded with the coun...
We've had to do something similar in Idaho for a few years now, mainly dealing with access rights.?ÿ We work on very large and sometimes very small pr...
Apparently there is a way to display all of your databases in prospector and you can just open any them for editing right there.?ÿ I don't know if thi...
The main benefit is that the "survey points" are locked to users and can only be edited via the SD. Therefore, downstream users (ie/engineers and arch...
Yeah, I've yet to meet a surveyor that doesn't think survey points and figures are basically hot garbage. You have now. I'm perfectly comfortable w...
This is always a tough one for me, because I love OTF transformations and the ability to immediately relate files from different sources Just set y...