AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
WA-ID Surveyor
WA-ID Surveyor
@wa-id-surveyor
Member
Joined: March 16, 2012 1:47 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 9:47 am
Topics: 14 / Replies: 991
Reply
RE: Alternatives to Civil 3d

No mention of Microstation, so far. Probably not cheaper than C3d. But an alternative nevertheless. I'd recommend hand drafting over this.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: New engineers vs land surveyors and others

Wages for new engineers will consistently be far higher than for new land surveyors. Not around here. Surveyor's are in substantially higher demand...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Basis of Bearings, rides again.

Does this database consist of Certified Corner Records (CCRs) like we use in Florida? The key word is 'our' database. We've been creating a databa...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Basis of Bearings, rides again.

I don't really care much about the basis of bearing on drawings. We cogo them all up and rotate them to a section line within our state plane coordin...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D Redraw Only Edited Survey Figures?

IMHO, this is important. You want the database to be correct, not just the current drawing. In a project spanning many years, you can have a database ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D Redraw Only Edited Survey Figures?

Edit the point in the database, and rerun the linework, if that is what you want How do you do that? The database points are locked and can only be...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D Redraw Only Edited Survey Figures?

if I process linework again it puts the old linework back in the drawing. Never ever reprocess the linework, that's one of our number 1 rules. Not...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D Redraw Only Edited Survey Figures?

Everyone's situation is different. We are a full trimble/access/civil3d shop and create and use survey figures on a daily basis in survey and in engi...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Further subdivisions

Given that you have just completed a short subdivision, can you immediately turn around and plat one of the resulting lots using the (full) platting p...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: You get to be the reviewer today

I do fair amount of these types of reviews each year. If it was my legal I would want it fixed. Am I going to reject it through my review? No. I wo...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Unexpected

The contract included a long list of logo'd wear that was not allowed on the job site. Carhartt was not on the list This furthers and confirms my c...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Drafting with non-standard scales?

I used to be a stickler for standard scales but with all the advancements in PDF programs I don't care what the scale is. I can calibrate any file wi...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Print selected points in Civil 3d

While I hardly ever print out coordinates these days, I understand the occasional need. The easiest way to print a handful of points is to select th...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Any civil3d experts here?

@ncsudirtman Thanks for the tip. My copy of civil3d is very 'raw' - no real setup, templates etc. What gets me is that the original file 'works' B...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: What is your favorite On-Line Civil 3D training? Best value?

The Imaginit training is useful and is good but you'll never beat hands on training from someone that knows the software. The imaginit is amazingly i...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Drone Survey to 2D printed map

We use Pix4d and Virtual surveyor to either create the actual 3d lines or points and/or surfaces in xml and then export them to civil3d for production...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Autocad Civil 3D

Once you add Sincpac you've really got something. Get in touch with these guys Besides some actual training, preferably in person but the Imaginit...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Working for a Surveyor that does not understand GPS.

After doing a bunch of these and doing checks all over the place, I have a hard time understanding the guys who talk like they're the worst thing ever...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3d couple questions

Woooow, that sounds really slick. I'm definitely gonna test this out because occasionally I run into a problem with Civil 3D where it deselects every...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3d couple questions

Any ideas what rookie mistake i made. And i just learned the list command today. Lol Consider doing all your drafting/cogoing in Civil3d. We cogo ...

4 years ago
Page 11 / 51