AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
tyler-parsons
tyler-parsons
@tyler-parsons
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 7:55 am
Topics: 59 / Replies: 495
Reply
RE: It was all for this.

My first computer was a Kaypro II.?ÿ I recollect it was called "Darth Vader's Lunchbox". I used it at home and in our trailer while surveying for the ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Backup software for computers

After much tearing of hair, cloning, etc, I went to Acronis True Image. I have a slightly older version (2016) which does not have cloud backup, but i...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Things in your office that are no longer used

I am using 2 of those to hold down my LED desk lamp as there is no weight in the base.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Old Style Topcon 360 prism

I used to have a GTS-802A robot with this type of prism. The 1/4" thread in the first picture was for attaching a sheet metal bracket for an RC-2 con...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Hiper+ USB Driver/9 Pin Serial Driver

If I understand what you are asking, you can buy a serial to usb adapter. I recommend one containing the FTDI chip as the resulting com port will rema...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Great Opportunity for Oregon PLS

@jim-frame "If I had known I'd live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself" (unknown author)

7 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Any Terramodel users out there?

Any version of Adobe Acrobat (not Reader) that will run on your computer should do it. You just have to set it up as a printer in Terramodel.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Solar / Polaris Ephemeris

Thanks Gene. I didn't see that on Jerry's site. I just sold one of my older total stations, prism pole and prisms to a retired chemistry professor fr...

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 18
Views: 2485
Reply
RE: Retired - Closing Business Sale

Thanks Gene. I've saved one 2-1/2"x30" aluminum survey monument (with cap) for my ashes, to be planted somewhere in Oregon. I haven't told my kids yet...

8 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Retired - Closing Business Sale

Hi Mike. I'll see you at the PLSO conference this coming week.

8 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Retired - Closing Business Sale

I'll see you there John.

8 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Retired - Closing Business Sale

Thanks Gene. We've had several neat conversations and I appreciate the "Instruction for Making Forest Surveys and Maps 1912" which I will probably pas...

8 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Retired - Closing Business Sale

Thanks, Wendell! Speaking of phone calls, every once in a while, I'll get someone calling on my cell for a survey. When they tell me the address, it d...

8 years ago
Forum
Topic
Forum
Replies: 17
Views: 1470
Reply
RE: Portland surveyors in action

Not many 14 year olds getting a PLS license in Oregon. Or anywhere, for that matter. If you start at 18 or so, it would be a minimum of about 22+ befo...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Hello from the Oregon Coast

My experience is from several years surveying on the central Oregon Coast. It is is a large-area ground cover, miserable to survey through, often high...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: 2018 GPS on Benchmarks - Status and Adapters

I'm not an expert at this but I have some time as business is slow, I have 2 GPS, and I'm getting near retirement. I've submitted 17 marks, 13 of whic...

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 479
Reply
RE: CFedS

While a lot of the course is oriented towards the PLSS, the objective is to train Land Surveyors to meet the federal standards for surveys of tribal l...

9 years ago
Page 1 / 28