AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
THiggins
THiggins
@thiggins
Free
Joined: August 6, 2013 8:33 am
Topics: 4 / Replies: 106
Reply
RE: Record Measurement Not matching Quandary

A two point calibration will hold two points and scale all measured distances between them, as well as rotating to those two points. If you specify wi...

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 326
Reply
RE: Maladies afflicting Surveyors

JTLAPOINTE, post: 361513, member: 11401 wrote: It was funny, but my God I wanted to pull my hair out from all the grammatical errors. I actually sta...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Maladies afflicting Surveyors

A Sirvayur is something that grubs around in the woods looking for little sticks and stones.When he finds them he does some kind of weerd dance around...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Tripod setup basics

Bill93, post: 360479, member: 87 wrote: Certainly, if you have that option. I posted last year about an archaeology project where I was very frustrat...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Tripod setup basics

Roadhand, post: 360467, member: 61 wrote: It doesn't matter as long as you don't take any longer than 15 seconds to setup and level it. I'm screwed ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Description Chuckle

Brian Allen, post: 342064, member: 1333 wrote: ... hence South 89 degrees 41 minutes 31 seconds West (Assumed Bearing (don‰Ûªt ask me what this means ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Legal Description

> That might be a job for GIS man, the super hero extraordinaire.[sarcasm] Exactly. He'll make it fit! [/sarcasm]

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Robotic Total Station

> > > > The other issue is that the Trimble 360 prism has an offset to it when it's being used; look through your objective and you'll see...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Robotic Total Station

> > The other issue is that the Trimble 360 prism has an offset to it when it's being used; look through your objective and you'll see that it's...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble "Locate 2 Protect"

> > Suppose you are snookered behind a tree. Lean the rod out until it can be seen and shoot. You want to get a shot at the corner of a building...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Geoid12B is out...

> Perhaps, but I should elaborate:> My OPUS solution processed this morning for a 4+ hour file collected last week from Central Texas, has GEOID...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Robotic Total Station

I'd go with a Leica at this point. I've used a lot of the newer Trimble equipment, but as far as Total Stations go, I probably wouldn't buy another. I...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: How do I know where the edge of my property starts?

Hire a licensed land surveyor to do the work. It's in his own best interest to do the job right, because by saying "close enough", he'll be risking hi...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Need a new keybaord for my pc

> backlit!Agreed. I like the Logitech G-Series, especially the 710+. It's a mechanical keyboard, so it is louder. I just like the feel of the old f...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: We've all seen it.

> [sarcasm]What is a field book? Is that another program in the thingy I push buttons on?[/sarcasm][sarcasm]I think that's a file type. FBK or some...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: sometimes this gig is hilarious

Are you sure you weren't in California on this job? We just did a job where the grade setter came out and told us that our original survey was bad, an...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Cell phone

Apple, but only because it's supplied by my company.Otherwise it'd be a Droid.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Burnt out...........

> > There's a job posted 6 hours away that will double my salary and reduce my workload. I think I'll put in for it.> I JUST CAN'T ADD TO TH...

12 years ago
Page 1 / 6