AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
THiggins
THiggins
@thiggins
Free
Joined: August 6, 2013 8:33 am
Topics: 4 / Replies: 106
Reply
RE: Should I work on Monday?

> It isn't a holiday here in the private sector. Now it is a holiday for all the government agencies and schools. Besides the oil field is still ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor killed on the job in Tulsa

> > I don't see what else he could've done there. > Nothing the survey crew could have done. But somebody might have stopped that driver (I'm...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: The Case of Three Markers

> I'm thinking you should've held the beer can as the corner. Did you check it with your cloth tape? ;-)I'd certainly check this out as a possibil...

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 469
Reply
RE: Trying to find code on land division (California)

> "Don't let them WHERE you down."> > I can't believe I wrote that:-) > > DonIt must be that mountain air up there Don. Your oxygen and...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Title Officer Rewriting a Legal Description

> In 1988 the legislature enacted chapter 817, which added subsection (i) to 8726. However, 817 included a note under section 5: "The amendment in ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Pictures from the field

Regarding the screw-top lid, that would be from the 1920s at the earliest, and were expensive until the 40s when they started being used on beer bottl...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Perils of records research

How young was she? I'm only 30, and we learned cursive starting in third grade... would have been 1991-92. I wasn't aware that they'd stopped teaching...

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 6
Views: 569
Reply
RE: Survey Tech.

> > Here in California, I'd probably look to pay in the $12/hour range to begin with, assuming entry level to be someone with some drafting clas...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Tech.

Here in California, I'd probably look to pay in the $12/hour range to begin with, assuming entry level to be someone with some drafting classes and a ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Days in the field

> That was my thought. The ribbon, instead of a deterrent, is an attractant.Not only that, there have been situations (Luckily, not mine) where th...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Advice for someone getting into land survey as a career.

> > Why not? I'm genuinely interested why I should reconsider.> > Try before you buy. This profession tends to pick the guy vs. the guy p...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: deadman backsights

We always used to refer to it as setting a picket. Find a nice straight stick (usually from the brush pile as you cut line), sharpen both ends, and dr...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Keep calm I'm a Land surveyor !

> Thank you , the music is by Rubber Duc Music, a south african group based in johhanesburg I think..Cool song, hearing the chorus took me back: Ai...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Help with Boundary Call

> > It might have been real hard to type the [alt]-0186 combination on the old typewriters. ;-)I just learned something new. I use Alt-0176, but...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Why do we call a tribrach a tribrach?

> Probably in left field but I always equated "brach" with brac" as in bracket. Then you add the tri for the three "feet" thingy.I always thought t...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Go home

> after a good nap, all i have to say is "what a bunch of slackers"> > i took the whole day offI really need to straighten out my priorities....

12 years ago
Page 2 / 6