AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Thad
Thad
@thad
Free
Joined: November 12, 2011 10:00 pm
Topics: 83 / Replies: 313
Reply
RE: Machine Control Data Prep

@clearcut I have been creating models for AMG for over 18 years and have yet to see a surface suitable for AMG from an Engineer (at least up to our st...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Machine Control Data Prep

@jaccen Finish grade surface and associated linework file.?ÿ All lots have ditches between them.?ÿ Detention ponds, roads and also a few walls.

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 12
Views: 1088
Topic
Replies: 13
Views: 490
Reply
RE: Survey CAD tech requirements.

Motivate them more? $$$

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Drone work

Do surveyors have a rule like engineers not to practice in areas you are not competent? Before I offered any drones services, I have a handful of "pra...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Machine Control

I have been creating surface models for machine control (Trimble, Topcon and Leica) equipment for the last 17 years. If you have any questions do not ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What's your perspective? TED talk by Conrad Wolfram

My father was a computer programmer and would tell me the computer is only as smart as the person using it.It will only do what you tell it to do even...

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 714
Reply
RE: Certification or Licensing

[MEDIA=youtube]8q71hrwUcu0[/MEDIA]Another perspective.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Need advice for doing topo survey of pond

Just like you would do for a stockpile. Same thing except a concave vs convex shape.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Learning AutoCAD Civil3D

I learned by watching the cad people after I would download our field work or on rain days until I felt comfortable in drawing a basic lot map.After g...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: "Grouping" viewports

In paperspace have two viewports, one around the site, the other around the tie. Then just draw a quick "break" symbol or import if you already have o...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Machine Control with Leica Equipment

And if you expect all softwares to be compatible with the latest Civil3d stuff, you expect way too much, IMO, of other softwares. Lol15 years and zer...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Machine Control with Leica Equipment

When a client's asks me for a specific type of file (because that is what the equipment reads) then that is what I send but make sure the way their eq...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Machine Control with Leica Equipment

Seems to me that Civil 3d has a problem with xml. But as you said if explode as 3d faces and then export as a surface xml.My software doesn't have a ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: When Should You Count the Client's Money?

Just last week I was to meet a contractor on site to transfer data and help with the localization. I didn't give them a price yet for the model or th...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Machine Control with Leica Equipment

Surface is an .xml file and the linework is a .dxf file.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: FAA Part 107 - Remote Pilot Airman Certificate Training

I use an Inspire1 and works great. I just donated another Inspire1for a silent auction this Saturday. I can get the information if interested. The ...

10 years ago
Page 2 / 20