AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
summerprophet
summerprophet
@summerprophet
Free
Joined: July 1, 2014 8:53 pm
Last seen: July 28, 2026 10:00 pm
Topics: 46 / Replies: 428
Reply
RE: WAC 332-130-085 or -090

I have never seen a certification to .090 outside of high end cadastral work (think ngs, or wsdot in setting up project networks). i fought this upd...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Hardpacked County Road

I consider myself a bit of an expert on hammer drills. I have a 20v Dewalt for personal use, and a Small Milwaukee M18 and a large corded Bosch Roto-h...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: PLSS Symbology

I looked into this a few years ago, and posted about it here:

4 months ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Looking for a couple of books to introduce surveying to 2 people with zero experience. Like a Surveying for Dummies?

I would suggest the Surveyor Reference Manual by Cole. Note, while this makes for a great introduction text to surveying, I wouldn’t actually recomm...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Date?

Expected release to be between 3rd quarter of 2026 (optimistic) and 1st quarter of 2027. Expect continuing NAD83 support for between 6 and 12 months ...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Linear Regression with Ordinary Least Squares

I have done all the above steps, combining linear regression with helmert's, to determine ROW. In this case, it was high rolling hills and some rock b...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: RR Spiral Curve Help

I wrote an excel program to solve spiral curves, with the option to “force fit” the spiral to match TS and SC stationings. Particularly with old railr...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Seeking help with blasthole layout

Alternatively, I would reach out to your farm supply and see if there is a handheld rover that works with your existing farm equipment

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Seeking help with blasthole layout

Without getting carried away with learning CAD and a new survey software, I would reach out to a survey equipment sales company like Frontier Precisio...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: A few basic RTK questions

@rfc FYI: Leica Captivate needs to be set up in advance to record Static data, so it is extremely unlikely that your surveyor has .m00 files stored...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: A few basic RTK questions

“What does the "GPS Reference station..." line. refer to?”if the surveyor tied into offsite control, like section corners this would be the reference ...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Topographic Survey Requirements in WA

This varies by state, but in Washington State, this language was written specifically for Hydrographic /Hydraulic engineers. In short Land Surveyors w...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Topographic Survey Requirements in WA

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they do not exist. Most auditors in Washington state WILL record a topographic survey. The largest imp...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: American made drones?

The current drone situation is tumultuous to say the least. Please do not take my following statements to be political or ethical judgements, just cov...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Comparing two surveys

Firstly, I wouldn't be overly concerned about US feet vs international feet for a boundary survey. While it is certainly relevant when it comes to coo...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Spiral Curves Blah

I believe a have a solution to a few different problems posted on here and have attached an Excel file that addresses a few of the issues encountered ...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Aspiring surveyor in my first year of classes - give me your best advice!

Laughing, I often joke that surveying is never a first choice. My graduating class was full of folks that allready had degrees in Geology, Geography, ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Aspiring surveyor in my first year of classes - give me your best advice!

Hi Alina, My advice would be as follows: 1. If you just want to make more money, become a civil engineer. The workload and math skills are similar....

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Is There Ever a Time Not to Hold a Long-Standing Corner?

I would venture to guess that this is one of those survey practices that depend on regionality, and the opinion of your state licensing board. Where I...

1 year ago
Page 1 / 24