AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
summerprophet
summerprophet
@summerprophet
Free
Joined: July 1, 2014 8:53 pm
Last seen: July 28, 2026 10:00 pm
Topics: 46 / Replies: 428
Reply
RE: Radial Bearings - PC to Radius Point or Radius Point to PC?

Locality: Pacific Northwest While I do not encounter these much, I would go with Wattles. If you follow English language standards, Radial by definiti...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Can the legs of a traverse cross?

Sorry to bring up this long dead post, but I feel some clarification is needed to counteract some of the misinformation provided above. Firstly, there...

1 year ago
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 1759
Reply
RE: What UAV would you buy today?

Tough question….. The non-DJI drones are about 5 years behind in technology, and about twice the price compared to DJI. If you not in a rush, DJI has ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Right-of-Entry laws

Canada allows surveyors right of entry California and Oregon do as well Washington does not, except for DOT highway surveyors.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: City Dedicating Land to Itself

While it depends on your states right of way laws, generally this is acceptable. The city, (acting as private enterprise) would either dedicate or dee...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil3d To Google Earth Label problems

Awesome, thank you everyone. I will give that a try once I am down drowning in fieldwork.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil3d To Google Earth Label problems

Yes. Layering does not seem to matter.

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 5381
Reply
RE: Light weight dual clamp tripod recommendations?

No, and for good reason. Lightweight tripods are typically unsuitable for robotic instruments, due to the torque involved with spinning servos. Simila...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Slowing tripod settlement in asphalt?

When I have dealt with this, I would just get a shovel full of dirt or gravel from the ditch and place it on the feet. It actually works very well….. ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Origin of section corner symbols

I have done some researching in my local area (PNW), and have come up with the following: Section corners in the style of an "iron cross" or "pinwhee...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Best Practices: Drone Operations in Public

@holy-cow Before you pull that trigger, you should probably be aware that shooting down a FAA registered drone carries the same punishment as shooti...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 10
Views: 1789
Reply
RE: Helmerts mathematics

@jacob-wall Private message sent.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Helmerts mathematics

@olemanriver Just a 2d transformation.

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 649
Topic
Replies: 6
Views: 2203
Reply
RE: excel data to create point data

There are a few options 1) in CAD you can create custom point label style that use simple formulas to pull data from your description and manipulate...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica CS20 TS Compatability

While there is no reference in the manual, or online guidance, it IS possible to connect via cable to older Leica total stations.?ÿI successfully conn...

4 years ago
Page 2 / 24