AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
shelby-h-griggs-pls
shelby-h-griggs-pls
@shelby-h-griggs-pls
Free
Joined: July 8, 2010 11:49 am
Last seen: August 17, 2026 5:53 pm
Topics: 67 / Replies: 872
Reply
RE: Supply chain issue

You tried to buy any upside down marking paint lately? SHG

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Changing companies questions

It kind of depends on what you want out of your career. I have always worked for smaller companies, less than 30 employees and have had no desire to j...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you handle SPC on your projects?

@rover83 rare to get metadata or LLH so one can maybe deduce what happened. I worked on a project once where major amounts of documentation were provi...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Former contributors to this site and predecessors---deceased

@gordon-svedberg Dave Smith is alive and well posting on Facebook or I think it is the same person? SHG

5 years ago
Reply
RE: How many VRS are using Galileo and Beidou?

AFAIK, the Leica SmartNet North America has full GNSS as of last year sometime. I rent time as needed and haven't used it yet this year. I also do th...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Our brand new GPS equipment was stolen yesterday

The newer Leica TS have an option to purchase LOC8, works I assume similar to a Lojack, etc. You can track the instrument on your phone. I don't think...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you handle SPC on your projects?

@norm Oregon DOT (ODOT) had a visionary chief of surveys, now retired who championed LDP's because of the exact issue you mention. We now have somethi...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you handle SPC on your projects?

How are you doing this? Other than the "here now" position there is nothing broadcasting WGS84 positions nor are there any WGS84 positions on monument...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Static GPS note taking

I have been using a form similar to the attached since the 1990's. I used to print these on paper and then fill out in field. For a number of years no...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble RT27 Format Data

@jim-frame No Idea. This seems like a convoluted solution, but maybe that is the way it needs to be. With a little more manual work on my end, I don't...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: 3G Options come January 1

AFAIK @john-putnam is correct on current Leica gear in the GS18 and the 4gLTE versions of the data collectors. Note that older CS20's likely have a 3G...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble RT27 Format Data

Quoted below is the resolution form Trimble. This might be useful info for anyone in the future in trying to convert RT27 format data to RINEX. RT272...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble RT27 Format Data

Another update. I have confirmed that the issue with the GAL EPH is caused by the Trimble Convert To RINEX utility itself and have a support ticket op...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble RT27 Format Data

Back to report success by taking a different path. I am still untested on the RT27 (multi-constellation) file format to RINEX via Trimble's Convert To...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble RT27 Format Data

@fairleywell thanks for suggestion. How will that fix an issue with coding within Convert To RINEX, assuming the issue is that utility? We are current...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble RT27 Format Data

@mark-silver Thanks for your comments. Do you find that RT27 MULTI constellation files convert correctly in Convert To RINEX? Any chance you have a MU...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble RT27 Format Data

@r-s-mayer Thanks for comment. Yes it might be my converter to RT27. I failed to mention that with GPS/GLONASS only data the converter has been workin...

5 years ago
Page 6 / 47