AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
shelby-h-griggs-pls
shelby-h-griggs-pls
@shelby-h-griggs-pls
Free
Joined: July 8, 2010 11:49 am
Last seen: August 17, 2026 5:53 pm
Topics: 67 / Replies: 872
Reply
RE: FCC Licensing for External Radios (and walke talkies?)

John Hamilton, post: 413360, member: 640 wrote: Shelby: and it was probably just one company, then someone decided to leave and go into competition. S...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: FCC Licensing for External Radios (and walke talkies?)

I am guessing it is no coincidence that Atlas and National are both in Indiana about 6 miles apart? Was just looking both up to get a quote on modifyi...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Urban Tools Recommendations

Williwaw, post: 412496, member: 7066 wrote: All the usual stuff, from a big carwash sponge to dry out water filled monument cases I bought something s...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Drones and PLS vs CP

W.W.S., post: 412279, member: 11419 wrote: What is the difference between using a drone to take pictures to generate topo versus "standard" photogramm...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Sealed Lead Acid battery life

Sergeant Schultz, post: 411939, member: 315 wrote: SLA batteries are SO twentieth century. I have a couple 4500 mAh LiFePO4 batteries. One of them w...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Sealed Lead Acid battery life

Jim Frame, post: 411947, member: 10 wrote: Are those the kind that like to catch fire and burn their host building down?

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Sealed Lead Acid battery life

A quick search turned up this. Some good info on batteries, I know they are selling batteries, BUT this same type of data can be found many places on ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK for $699 a piece. Reach RS

RFinder has released the radio/phone AFAIK. I have not seen one of these in person, but the idea is a single Android device has both a phone and a two...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: FCC Licensing for External Radios (and walke talkies?)

I have never seen any data gear in the VHF arena and I don't know if anybody makes any? That would be a frequency coordinator issue, it might be possi...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Many of the early survey receivers were L1, Trimble 4000ST's for instance were a huge seller in the late 1980's and is what I started with, we did a l...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK for $699 a piece. Reach RS

My guess would be Trimble, NovAtel and probably Septentrio provide more OEM boards than any others, at least for the higher end gear, not sure who the...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: FCC Licensing for External Radios (and walke talkies?)

UHF and VHF have differing performance and ranges, in addition this goes through a frequency coordinator, very unlikely that you would get UHF voice g...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK for $699 a piece. Reach RS

gschrock, post: 411729, member: 556 wrote: software defined receivers that use your smart phones processors are a reality as well.Yep, in the amature...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK for $699 a piece. Reach RS

Wouldn't some or a lot of the accuracy be related to antenna design and size on a UAV? As in much of the radio world, it is antenna that determines if...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Kelsh Plotter - free

Yep, Dave, that is the accident, one of the few incident reports I have read where it truly was a mechanical failure, hard to survive in mountainous t...

10 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Roll-your-own NTrip server-Success!

John Hamilton, post: 411670, member: 640 wrote: but I wish their units were more modular so that boards could be swapped out when new features become ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Roll-your-own NTrip server-Success!

John Hamilton, post: 411670, member: 640 wrote: but I would not trade in my old model, as it is worth more to me than what they offer.Exactly and why...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Trouble getting SIM card for Leica GS14

I have a business account executive assigned to my account at T-Mobile (since 2015), I would highly recommend the equivalent at whatever carrier you s...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Roll-your-own NTrip server-Success!

John Hamilton, post: 411575, member: 640 wrote: I only have the older bridge. So the newer model has a built in NTRIP server/caster?Yes, Intuicom call...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Kelsh Plotter - free

Peter Ehlert, post: 411599, member: 60 wrote: LOL ... well, Dick bought it in 1970, so not quite an antique then I guess.Shelby educate me please:When...

10 years ago
Forum
Page 32 / 47