AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
shelby-h-griggs-pls
shelby-h-griggs-pls
@shelby-h-griggs-pls
Free
Joined: July 8, 2010 11:49 am
Last seen: August 17, 2026 5:53 pm
Topics: 67 / Replies: 872
Reply
RE: Problem Source: Carlson, GeoMax or Me?

@jim-frame glad it all got sorted out, I am small too, but in my experience the perceived benefits of a mashup of equipment isn't there, but if it wor...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Shipping Equipment

@larry-best I feel your pain. I once shipped four Pelican cases of gear from Oregon to a job site in Portland, ME. It made it to Seattle, then for som...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Problem Source: Carlson, GeoMax or Me?

Can't answer your question, but I quit mixing and matching instruments, data collectors and software about 1990, only one supplier to point the finger...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Satellite Availability

@mitchptd with GPS only there is quite a bit of 6 SV time and even drops to 5 SV's around 1500 PDT add in GLONASS and I don't see anything less than 1...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Choosing 'best' coordinates of base station based on multiple days of surveying

FYI, I use the online version of the Columbus LSA software to adjust and evaluate OPUS solutions, it will directly read the available XML files from O...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: UNAVCO Real time stations

@gschrock great summary. Agree, can't complain too much for a 'free" resource, but I do find relying on PBO Stations is always a crap shoot. They are ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS Coordinate Conversion and Transformation Tool (NCAT)

@gene-kooper thanks for your input, sorry for the late feedback, basically sent the coordinates off and then went camping! The tool works, or works go...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS Coordinate Conversion and Transformation Tool (NCAT)

Thanks guys, well after looking at this some more and pondering it for another 24 hours, I am going to deliver the CORS based survey and translated by...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS Coordinate Conversion and Transformation Tool (NCAT)

I still don't know what the accuracy values are based on or really mean, but I ran nice points through the NCAT software and compared to the 1995 reco...

7 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: New truck blues

Well mostly true, I did have to do a head gasket last year, set me back about $3600, but only about 3-4 months payment on a new one 🙂 But the frame, ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: New truck blues

You do take a hit buying new, BUT it is worth it IMO if and only if you run it at least 10 years/300k miles. There is usually a reason decent looking ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Winter

Loyal, I always say you can only take so many clothes off 🙂 SHG

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Washers or "Flashers" for Mag Nails (for control)

Still find quite a few cheap beer cans like Keystone littering out here in Oregon, even with a $0.10 bounty, I guess when your are full of cheap beer ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Washers or "Flashers" for Mag Nails (for control)

I have been using for supplies for years. I have set a lot of MN with a 2" aluminium washer, they do tend to get plowed out by snow plows, so more re...

7 years ago
Page 14 / 47