AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
shelby-h-griggs-pls
shelby-h-griggs-pls
@shelby-h-griggs-pls
Free
Joined: July 8, 2010 11:49 am
Last seen: August 17, 2026 5:53 pm
Topics: 67 / Replies: 872
Reply
RE: Looking for book by Dan Beardslee "A Business Management Handbook for Land Surveyors"

@andy-j I do know Dan, he retired on 31-Dec-2017 and I have not seen or heard from him since. I too have a copy of the book (DVD) and it is password p...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: How does GPS tilt compensation work?

From Leica's website (straight copy and paste, no 1st hand user experience here, but am a long time Leica user so follow their stuff closely): What ma...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: ESRI vs EPSG Which State Plane Coord System To Use in the USA?

EPSG codes are just a way to embed meta data in your zone. The underlying SPC parameters are all the same for a given zone because the definition of N...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica MDB files

I know of no advantage to submitting the MDB file to OPUS vs RINEX. There is one downside, if more than one occupation in the MDB file, OPUS will not ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Blast from the Past GPS

@john-hamilton I have had both Trimble and Leica give false "good results", but not since early 2000's that I know of! I think it was semi common amo...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Blast from the Past GPS

1990 Trimble 4000ST, 1994 Leica 200, 1996 Leica 300 (my 1st RTK units and ran a ton of RTK with them), 2001 Leica 500's and 2007 Leica 1200's and stil...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Anti-theft options for unattended equipment?

@jitterboogie I had one of my setups disappear with an attendant about 50 feet away with his back turned, head a noise, turned around and they were t...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: high altitude drones

@john-hamilton no shame in sucking on the O2 at attitude! On the drone, there won't be loss of power like an internal combustion engine, but density a...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Anti-theft options for unattended equipment?

I have tried various things, best is locked to fixed object that is going to require serious work and tools, I think most of the lost gear is due to a...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: 70+ Surveying Facebook Pages and Groups You Should Be Following

I follow some, BUT not 70, not enough time in the day, then there are amateur radio pages, camping pages and others, pretty soon just overwhelming amo...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: high altitude drones

@john-hamilton can't answer question, but is the thin air for lift the issue at altitude or the lack of oxygen for the airplane engine? I know turboch...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble event marker input

@john-hamilton the aerial cameras are definitely one usage for events and they photo centers are still recorded the same way. The camera sends a pulse...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What were you surveying on 9-11-2001?

No idea what I was working on that day (looks like an office day by my records, I do know it was NOT field work). I woke to the news on the clock radi...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Fax question

I have used for many years, got an old plan for I think $20 a year, now I see it is $120 a year. Probably less than 20 pages a year, BUT there are so...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Tripod question

@firestix I wouldn't skip on a quality tripod, the best gun in the world is useless on a junk tripod. I am a Leica shop and since the 80's actually wh...

7 years ago
Page 13 / 47