AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
shelby-h-griggs-pls
shelby-h-griggs-pls
@shelby-h-griggs-pls
Free
Joined: July 8, 2010 11:49 am
Last seen: August 17, 2026 5:53 pm
Topics: 67 / Replies: 872
Reply
RE: Poles/Bipods, etc. Manufacturers

@bstrand If you have one watch, you know what time it is, two or more, which one is wrong... One bubble you are level, two or more, which one is wron...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Poles/Bipods, etc. Manufacturers

@tom-bushelman $850 and it looks like it a package, so no go with other poles best I can see.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Poles/Bipods, etc. Manufacturers

@oldpacer well they say so, so I guess I would say yes until proven otherwise. that one isn't the no crush head and it is aluminum. Leaning toward th...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: TS12 Stolen

Won't help recover this instrument, but Leica is now optionally offering a tracking solution for total stations.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Equipment Lifecycle

@mark-mayer thanks! It was a big investment in 2000 and it has worked very well. Originally I planned on maybe 10 years, but with good maintenance it ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: LEICA GS 15 - POSITION LED OFF

Try clearing almanac and then let it cook for awhile and see if it tacks after downloading a new broadcast almanac. Don't have a GS15, but I know olde...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Equipment Lifecycle

@shawn-billings Agree, I drive an old truck, it is reliable and still looks good, 20 years old and 315k. I have 13 year old GNSS gear that has only re...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Poles/Bipods, etc. Manufacturers

@nate-the-surveyor I am told that the Dutch Hill ones are USA made, but have not confimed. SHG

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Poles/Bipods, etc. Manufacturers

@dms330 maybe, I mean bailing wire or twine and duct tape is an option 🙂 I have confirmed that Dutch Hill does NOT make a pole saver version of their...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Work Jacket

@hi-staker well you are talking about the name, so mission accomplished. I made up a company name too 🙂 SHG

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Poles/Bipods, etc. Manufacturers

@bstrand my issue with at least older ones is they seemed to need pretty regular cleaning, a Leica one I bought years ago has never needed anything, S...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Poles/Bipods, etc. Manufacturers

@nate-the-surveyor that is more or less what I am asking here, I know there are a couple brands, but I think the rest might just be label difference? ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Poles/Bipods, etc. Manufacturers

@gene-kooper thanks, totally forgot about them! Looks like they only have a SECO pole tripod on their site (: SHG

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Work Jacket

I never considered denim of any type to be winter wear, as the saying goes, cotton kills. I have started buying all of my clothing from/p> I have a ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Work Jacket

@bruce-small the ladies pay big bucks for ripped up jeans that look old, but are new 🙂

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 21
Views: 1392
Reply
RE: GNSS base + rover for sale

@jim-frame only makes sense if you need equipment to stay viable. New equipment just for sake of paying less taxes doesn't make sense and my CPA has a...

6 years ago
Forum
Topic
Reply
RE: Trouble finding help...appropriate salary range/expectations

My base rate is in the middle of the pack (75k-100k), but then bonuses, IRA match, healthcare, etc. push me up at least one step in the poll in receiv...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica CS20 vs CS35

@jkinak valid points. Because of the type of work we do, it may not be as much of an issue because typically we aren't slogging through the brush or i...

6 years ago
Page 10 / 47