AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
shelby-h-griggs-pls
shelby-h-griggs-pls
@shelby-h-griggs-pls
Free
Joined: July 8, 2010 11:49 am
Last seen: August 17, 2026 5:53 pm
Topics: 67 / Replies: 872
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 1703
Reply
RE: R8-3 Radio Frequencies

@rover83 correct, the 900 MHz spread spectrum is different, I guess I should of made that distinction to refer to typical UHF frequencies in the 400 M...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How effective is your State Board at Dealing with Unlicensed Practice/License abuse Practice?

@nate-the-surveyor similar situation between the driver of a class A motor home and the driver of a bus, one is tested and licensed, the other not. Is...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: New Leica GS18 I

@nate-the-surveyor here is a link to the brief wiki explanation. They aren't quite on par with mechanical IMU's yet (as far as drift rates), but da...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: R8-3 Radio Frequencies

And in the USA, a frequency is required to be licensed for transmitting, regardless of power output, yes even 0.5W. SHG

6 years ago
Reply
RE: New Leica GS18 I

@eric-kara After a bit of testing, are the photo points still 0.1 feet? Is that true for well defined paint stripes, angle points in parking lot lines...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC baseline processor using GPS only rather than GPS+GLO

@steinhoff I don't believe any commercial processor will solve without GPS as primary constellation, RTK engine for instance on my rovers will NOT sol...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC baseline processor using GPS only rather than GPS+GLO

@john-hamilton agree with GLONASS signals generally being noisy. I quite often ditch those, especially in our airbone data sets. I believe even if us...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS tilt compensation - what gives?

I do NOT own a tilt compensated GNSS receiver yet, but from reading it sounds like at least the Leica GS18T does NOT need calibrating (other than a bu...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Radios For Base and Receiver

VHF/UHF to include 900Mhz are basically line of sight radios, more power and better antennas help, but you may be expecting too much depending on grou...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Long antenna cable...how long is too long?

@bill93 you are correct, that is what I get for posting late at night 🙂 It is still a 6db loss in the cable, no matter the pre-amp gain. If the pre-...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Long antenna cable...how long is too long?

@john-hamilton I made that decision in 2016, got my Technician and a month later my General. The Extra question pool changed on July 1st, so I got bus...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Long antenna cable...how long is too long?

Way late to party John, but couple comments. 1st off, I hope that is something better than RG8 for use at GPS frequencies. Let's compare the loss to L...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Bipods, quality, business, and the end user

@mark-mayer unless they are Leica 🙂 I have a prism pole about 1995 vintage that uses the same leg mechanism as the Leica bi-pod and pole tripods, hav...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Solar observations

Not much (due to not having an objective filter, who wants to fry the EDM?), but I have observed Polaris for azimuth a couple times in the last 10 yea...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble R8 rover, changing MHZ

As others have said, that is likely going to require a new hardware modem, there is a slight chance it is software changeable, check with Trimble to f...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: On Confidentiality and the Mandated Recording of Plats

@murphy the rural worthless land attitude has created a ton of future work for surveyors by previous surveyors. When something valuable is discovered ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS base external battery options

Correct, and for that reason my amateur radio use LiFePo4 batteries are under the airline limits in case I want to take a radio on vacation 🙂 For su...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Need a card reader/writer for Leica 1103+ Robotic

I have an OmniDrive (USB version), works good and is only solution for the older PCMCIA-SRAM memory cards used in Leica gear in the early TPS series. ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS base external battery options

If you really want to step up your game, get a LiFePo4, flat voltage discharge, can use near 100% of capacity without damage, charges fast, lighter we...

7 years ago
Page 11 / 47