Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 30, 2025 4:57 pm
Interesting discussion! Corridor surveys and private surveys are two different worlds, but both are challenging and both are encumbered by the respect...
rights-of-way (both acceptable IMO) subject to yes comma
Finding deeds should be pretty easy. Find the parcel in question on Montana cadastral and they often list the current deed and sometimes others on the...
Seems you either have to sell ads or sell access. I would pay a subscription for access, especially if it includes access to all of the years and year...
The the Civil 3d drop down at top left-->Drawing utilities-->Drawing settings for starters. This will show if a coordinate system has been assig...
What we know about this situation is a lot less than what we don't know, but in addition to the clueless FNG tropes I've also observed an alternate dy...
In the U.S. you will have to be conversant in fractional units on construction sites, e.g. translating decimal feet into feet and inches for some trad...
@olemanriver That was a study based on traditional GNSS survey control and Network RTK solutions on the Oregon reference network. I would guess at lea...
Oregon DOT put out a recent study that saw no clear increase in horizontal accuracy with repeat observations at a 1, 2, and 3 hr intervals. Vertical w...
@jitterboogie - Don't have an r12i but can appreciate the clever check shot to the base - verifies rod heights are probably good and IMU is working pr...
In most of my experience at a private firm, there was no formal manual, but there were a bunch of little ad hoc documents available for reference. The...
Hoping this hard wood shortage in NJ doesn't spread to the rest of the country.?ÿ
I would expect a lot of mapping river beds for pipeline crossings, both existing and new.
Those projects suck, but I get it, sometimes we're all just along for the ride and got to make the best of it. Usually come with some crazy indemnific...
I use and like the TSC7. Screen real estate is great. Access has been recently unstable for me, but I like that the map screen is central. Also great ...
Also hoping it is good. Usually I don't jump right on it but my last install of Access was bad. Going back to General Survey it has been very reliable...
Interesting question.?ÿ I would approach the conditional uncertainty as a matter of subjective professional opinion and be more inclined to write a na...
PDOP gives you some flexibility to say "good PDOP" or "bad PDOP" or "poor PDOP" when appropriate.