AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Ravelode
Ravelode
@ravelode
Free
Joined: February 12, 2015 4:43 pm
Topics: 5 / Replies: 117
Reply
RE: Alta advice

Local Planning board insists on a new "legal description", complete with metes and bounds on every survey. Yet they wonder how come my distances and ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Collective nouns of surveyors??

standard joke in MT used to be what's red and sleeps 5, answer, an MDT suburban survey rig.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: The 90-10 rule

BOR got one at my complaint. It only took 4 years from complaint to pulling his license, three weeks of my time and 3 days testifying to the board inv...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What type of saw?

Rankin_File, post: 328594, member: 101 wrote: Well hypothetically, I'm pretty sure a guy could use a bow saw to cut down 6 trees fir and ponderosa ran...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: All I need is the GPS coordinates

I was party chief for laying out a $585,000,000 silicone plant, the plans were Fed-ex'd overnight to us (almost every day) for layout within the next ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What type of saw?

[sarcasm]Just tell the forest ranger the tree was suffering from GPS emitter radiation and had to be put out of it's misery[/sarcasm]o.O

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What type of saw?

I've used both ax and saw I prefer the bow saw, less effort if you don't bind it up. Get a 36 inch blade one if you need to fall anything bigger than ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Things that make you say.... "Hmmmmm?

Years ago the Beaverhead NF travel map had a campground shown named "Fugar Wee":-S on Clark Canyon Reservoir, the actual name on the sign and on late...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Equipment

Also a long time JAVAD user/Fan starting with an Legacy/legant, Oddessy and last 8 months Triumph 2/ Triumph LS user. They work so much better than"...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Where did all the Surveyors go

Good Pay isn't everything. After 3 years of working away from home (160 miles away) the old lady said move home soon or become a bachelor:-$.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: *%$@!&* Engineers

There is one engineer I've known who worked with a surveyor for a couple of seasons 30 years ago and has on several occasions rendered his criticism o...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Hi I am Ken....

I "chose" this profession when I lost my firefighters job for whistleblowing in 1986. The Surveyor of that forest was the only dept. head that wasn't...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Question For Javad Users

Pine, spruce and Fir trees are hit or miss, sometimes I've had to wait a while to get a usable FIX . some BIG cottonwoods are a problem if they are f...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Where did all the Surveyors go

Apprenticeship is also being hurt by the reality of one man shows made possible by robotic TS, AutoCAD and GNSS. The Eng. firm where I work has had a ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Question For Javad Users

Richard, post: 327302, member: 833 wrote: I gather this is a single piece of equipment. DC, receiver etc all at top of pole 2 metres long.John I'm cur...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Question For Javad Users

Plumb Bill, With the LS you also have the option of offset photogrammetery which can really help with things that can't be surveyed directly; like st...

11 years ago
Page 1 / 7