AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Randy Rain
Randy Rain
@randy-rain
Free
Joined: July 1, 2010 4:05 pm
Topics: 39 / Replies: 423
Reply
RE: Jeff Reilly

Wow, I knew Jeff when he was pursuing?ÿhis masters degree at the University of Florida, he was friends with a guy from the surveying program that inte...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Dzign HP35S/ HP 33s Cogo Programming Book

Sitting here looking at my HP 35s with one battery removed and the screen even still has digits on it. Just removed both batteries (1 at a time) and a...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Dzign HP35S/ HP 33s Cogo Programming Book

Replace the batteries before they go dead, and replace them 1 at a time, never removing both batteries at the same time and you will not loose your pr...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Triad Boundary Analysis Software

So far so good I've run several data sets through Triad and it seems to be working exactly as advertised and has saved probably at least 1/2 hour of "...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Triad Boundary Analysis Software

I ordered a seat Friday, you get 6 weeks to try it out. Michael already replied to my email and was quite congenial. I like that he is a full time sur...

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 8
Views: 1347
Reply
RE: SOKKIA SRX IS NOT TRACKING ATP1 360 PRISM CENTRE ?

The SOKKIA SRX does not turn directly to the "center" of the prism, it just gets close enough for it to calculate the v and h offsets and applies them...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: TUC2018

I have nightmares that revolve around teeny tiny little bitty shellfish..........micrustations.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Autocad 2018 or 2017

OK so the only way that I've been able to get this to work (C3D 2017 to C3D 2016) is to export using the "export civil 3d drawing" option on the appli...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Area Calculations

Significant digits is a lesson that I have to teach routinely to fresh (and not so fresh) cad techs (not to mention the occasional engineer) all of th...

9 years ago
Topic
9 years ago
Replies: 2
Views: 1156
Reply
RE: Creating Centerlines in Carlson Survey

Randy Rain, post: 450072, member: 35 wrote: And for vanilla autocad (with lisp functionality) here is a lisp routine that I found to fillet two lines ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Creating Centerlines in Carlson Survey

billvhill, post: 450056, member: 8398 wrote: Yeah, that's a real nifty tool Randy, but it would be nice if there was a command that it could be done ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Creating Centerlines in Carlson Survey

billvhill, post: 450056, member: 8398 wrote: Yeah, that's a real nifty tool Randy, but it would be nice if there was a command that it could be done ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Creating Centerlines in Carlson Survey

I know this is a Carlson thread, but I'd like to chime in with a note on civil 3d... If you are coding linework to be reduced through the survey datab...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D + Google Earth = DEM No longer possible?

twdotson, post: 449444, member: 8059 wrote: Keep in mind that by specification DEM files are integer based so unless you are loading them and that's a...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D + Google Earth = DEM No longer possible?

Richard Imrie, post: 449424, member: 11256 wrote: But my conclusion is, with "out of the box" Civil 3D you can only get as far as a coordinated image,...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA with cardinal /plat dimensions

I smell a rat! And by that I mean a "survey mill" doesn't say Ex_cta on it anywhere does it?

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnet Field vertical angle offset?

Thanks Guys, that did the trick.

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 1043
Page 3 / 24