AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
protracted
protracted
@protracted
Member Founder
Joined: April 3, 2018 10:30 pm
Last seen: September 2, 2026 10:53 pm
Topics: 11 / Replies: 149
Reply
Reply
RE: Desperately Seeking Books

@joki Wattles can be reliably purchased in new condition here,/p> If you have decent used book stores, you can sometimes find the surveying books you...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Searching for the correct term

You probably know what I would suggest but I might be biased, :). Over here on the edge, we have protracted townships filled with protracted blocks (l...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Digest of Oregon Revised Statutes Related to Land Surveying

@norman-oklahoma I look for changes from each session in the PDFs under the "Comparative Section Table" heading, like/p> OARs are much easier to cha...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Digest of Oregon Revised Statutes Related to Land Surveying

@norman-oklahoma I usually get the current text from here,which lacks decent formatting.  Is this where you get your text?  Your formatting...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Digest of Oregon Revised Statutes Related to Land Surveying

And 366 State Highways and State Highway Fund

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Digest of Oregon Revised Statutes Related to Land Surveying

Hi @norman-oklahoma, That's a great list!?ÿ Do you compile these from the legislature for $5 a chapter??ÿ I've asked PLSO to do that, specifically ta...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Educating out of state?

@meansealevel congrats on deciding to pursue your license!  For any state, you'll want to follow that state's statutes, admin rules, guides, and ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Preserving EXIF Location Data

@jim-frame There are probably field procedures that would reliably stamp the location, particularly if you just need to get as close as the site. ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Preserving EXIF Location Data

@jim-frame do you know if the location information was ever correct?  I’ve found that if I drive somewhere new and my phone hasn’t ha...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: What's the dashed line for?

The description makes reference to deed in auditor file 2575863. ?ÿDoes that deed address this area? ?ÿ Eli

7 years ago
Reply
RE: FS exam prep courses

I studied and used many resources but found the NCEES practice exams to be the most useful.?ÿ Second to that (and also very useful for the PS), the Ca...

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 307
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 1158
Reply
RE: PLSO BeerLegger in Portland, OR (?)

Depending on when/where the meetup is, I'll try stopping by. ?ÿI'll probably start at the exhibitor social and make my way towards the Young Surveyors...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Celebrating another trip around the sun -- and a friendly ask

Thanks for the very useful and well run site. ?ÿI've found it useful to see differing opinions discussed in a mostly cordial manner, find equipment, a...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Unicorn= notary in California with black ink suitable for stamping mylar

@one-cup-o-joe It is nice to not have blue ink smeared all over plats but it is rare that an Oregon Notary complies with ORS 194.280(8)(d): "The imp...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Does any one here know of a successful prosecution for destruction of a survey monument?

A variation on this topic, "Is it illegal to destroy survey monuments in Oregon?"?ÿ I had assumed yes, but when I went looking, there were various pro...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Looking for book by Dan Beardslee "A Business Management Handbook for Land Surveyors"

@shelby-h-griggs-pls I understand that Dan is allowing free sharing and copying.  I enjoy and appreciate that.  I was raising the concept t...

7 years ago
Page 6 / 8