AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
protracted
protracted
@protracted
Member Founder
Joined: April 3, 2018 10:30 pm
Last seen: September 2, 2026 10:53 pm
Topics: 11 / Replies: 149
Reply
RE: Engineer and his road

Ignoring other aspects of this scenario, would that provide enough room for ditches, culverts, slope and bank maintenance, and other things?

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Looking for book by Dan Beardslee "A Business Management Handbook for Land Surveyors"

@shelby-h-griggs-pls Would Dan be open to receiving a $5 bill in the mail?  Lots of people will find this thread and many would be wiling to pay...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Today's Pincushion...

@jp7191 @aliquot Sorry about the late reply... Oregon does require subdivision and partition plat monuments to measure within a tenth (or 1/10,000)....

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Oregon surveyors- do yƒ??all

@norman-oklahoma Good point, that it is not all counties.  I think some counties even have their surveys behind a paywall.  But for many co...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Oregon surveyors- do yƒ??all

Survey records and ownership/cadastral and often deeds are all online and easily accessible but it is by county. ?ÿBy easily accessible, I mean an onl...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: GTS-825A FOR SALE

I sent you a message, let me know if you donƒ??t get it.

7 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Caltrans LS and LSIT video and workbook question explanation

@basselope22 You can find links to to the files on the internet archive here,/p>

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Easement-Railroad

  I think the title companies being less responsive is more that they have changed businesses.  Title companies used to issue title insura...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Caltrans LS and LSIT video and workbook question explanation

Thanks for the explanation.  This is an approach which potentially fits the test constraints that the WC is on line as per question B and also th...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Caltrans LS and LSIT video and workbook question explanation

Right, this raises the important point that the approach to taking tests is different than working on real world problems.?ÿ Real world problems have ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Caltrans LS and LSIT video and workbook question explanation

Posted by: aliquot The explanation that the W.C. is not necessarily on line, can't be right, because question B which requires an assumption that the...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Caltrans LS and LSIT video and workbook question explanation

6-27 (2009).  Does that math work out to answer 3 (I think it does but I'm checking here)?  If so, while I like that answer and it is how I ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Caltrans LS and LSIT video and workbook question explanation

Can you be more specific as to what is the correct approach to this question (going along with the contrived standard method assumptions of the questi...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Caltrans LS and LSIT video and workbook question explanation

That is a good way to summarize and present the answers.?ÿ Can you look at answer 3 again??ÿ I think that record is 41.07 ch not 41.09 which I think w...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Caltrans LS and LSIT video and workbook question explanation

Thanks to everyone for looking at this and especially to everyone who replied.?ÿ @dave-karoly thanks for pointing out that WC/WP distinction.?ÿ I was ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Not enough

Yes, that is the question!?ÿ How does the average consumer (even even an advanced, knowledgeable consumer) know enough to select a good surveyor??ÿ It...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Regulation and Ethics question

Who stamps most of the work??ÿ If it is all him, isn't this his decision?

8 years ago
Reply
RE: How bad an error

@thebionicman In the case of Oregon, I've always wondered what exactly this means. ORS 92.050 (below) says "conforming" but Black's Law Dictionary did...

8 years ago
Page 7 / 8