AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
pls8xx
pls8xx
@pls8xx
Member
Joined: June 12, 2025 11:48 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 9:50 pm
Topics: 5 / Replies: 163
Reply
RE: Sydow v. Douglass Properties

I want to return to a review of Sydow v. Douglass. The appeals court only considers both the facts and legal arguments from the trial court transcript...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Sydow v. Douglass Properties

The copy of Arkansas code I posted came out much smaller than I hoped and may be hard to read unless opened in a new tab. Sorry for that. Most claim...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Sydow v. Douglass Properties

Arkansas also requires payment of taxes for AP, but not necessarily on the land being claimed.  

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Sydow v. Douglass Properties

  I have no reason to believe different lawyers where involved in the appeal. Lawyers do not provide additional evidence at the appeal and the ...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Sydow v. Douglass Properties

Most all boundaries have two locations, one based on the sum of all records and the other based on the actions or inactions of the adjoining landowner...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Sydow v. Douglass Properties

I agree. This is an excellent case for surveyors to study. If surveyors (or attorneys) understood every word of the opinion they would have had the kn...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Sydow v. Douglass Properties

I note that this is a slip opinion. Ordinarily this would be: An initial, preliminary version of a court's written decision. It is released to the ...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Easement Question

Things to consider.Begin at the beginning.1. When the original easement was created, were your clients track and the adjoining track owned by the same...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

Maybe some of the posters here would approve the methods used by my competitors in the 1970s and '80s. They didn't believe in using math and they were...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

During the 70s, 80s, 90s, our county surveyor was clear about his method. He staked the deed. When his survey adjoined one of his previous surveys (of...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

Actually, on this point I'm in agreement with mightymoe. Proration never sets a monument at the corner's original location. And proration is often use...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

(@mightymoe) That was impressive! Your whole argument against math was based on math?

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

A survey is your opinion. You sign it. Don't let anyone (especially non-surveyors) tell you what your opinion should be. It is a mistake to start with...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Responsibility

Very true! I would add for most boundary disputes the attorney has little experience. A bad pleading, ineffective discovery, or the wrong legal argume...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

Let me be clear; I don't like the fact that pincushions exist. And I support the concept of original monuments. In my career I found and used many ori...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

Thank you for the post, but I am a little confused. The two works are completely different except for the title. Mine: Surveys, Subdivisions and P...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

Original monuments are controlling. But to be an original monument it needs to be: 1. Called for directly or indirectly by the deed. 2. In place a...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

(@mightymoe) That's funny, I agree with Lucas on many things, just not pin cushions. The following are clips from the publication I referred t...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

The link to the Lucas book only had the contents. Would you like to refresh my memory of what he said on page 56 (2.05 First Surveyor Concept). Is t...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

One corner, one monument? You've been reading too much Jeff Lucas.  

11 months ago
Page 6 / 9