AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
pls8xx
pls8xx
@pls8xx
Member
Joined: June 12, 2025 11:48 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 9:11 pm
Topics: 5 / Replies: 163
Reply
RE: Warren v, Burnham

I had a post drafted yesterday that didn't get posted when I got distracted. It estimated the cost of litigation for a simple boundary case common to ...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Question on boundary line adjustments

I'm surprised that no one brought up the subject of Covenants to the original subdivision.Covenants run with the land and are not extinguished by chan...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Warren v, Burnham

I'm always glad to see a legal case posted here for surveyors to study and post their opinion. Then I'm disappointed that the comments have little to ...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Warren v, Burnham

When I first started reading Law in the 1970s, I thought the goal of Courts was to draft an opinion that was fair to all parties. I learned that fairn...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Question on boundary line adjustments

I once had an adverse possession case in a subdivision/re-plat. The original subdivision name was Lake Sail-Em II. About half the lot owners didn't li...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Legal identifiers. When is a Tract a tract and a Lot a lot.

I made a reply to this discussion the other day after reading the linked article from a real estate person. The misinformation in that article fired m...

3 months ago
Reply
Reply
RE: An honest update about the future of RPLS.com

I grew up tagging along with a weekend survey crew when I was 10 years old. I'm now in my 80's and have a few health issues. I've been retired for 20+...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: The American Surveyor

There are two subjects here under consideration; expert testimony and old records. It could be that modern surveyors favor the new and shiny. But cour...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Legal Descriptions: To write or not to write?

Is either of these properties subject to a mortgage? The public is better served if legal descriptions are written by surveyors. Regardless of the...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Legal Descriptions: To write or not to write?

Is either of these properties subject to a mortgage? The public is better served if legal descriptions are written by surveyors. Regardless of the...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: The American Surveyor

In his recent article Jones mentions another piece he wrote 2015. it's an interesting tale of records research.   From the article: &nbs...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: The American Surveyor

I don't read the trade magazines either but I did looked up the edition you recommended. The article I found interesting was "It’s a Matter of Opinion...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Fess up if you have done something similar

I had a lot of close calls, one that had huge consequences. But as they say in concrete, a mistake caught before the concrete is poured is a case of n...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: The power of 'No'.

Exactly! Being fired told me it was a place I didn't want to stay at. The second time I said 'No' I was 25 years old in the third year of managing a...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: The power of 'No'.

The first couple of times I said 'No' I got fired. I had worked at a discount shoe store a few weeks when a man wearing a suit and carrying a brief ...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Sydow v. Douglass Properties

Though I have never been a party to a law suit, I have had clients claiming by record title and clients that claimed by adverse possession.In Arkansas...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Sydow v. Douglass Properties

The developer won at the trial level, but a competent attorney would have told him to suspend construction awaiting the appeal decision or offer the l...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Sydow v. Douglass Properties

WOW! The appeal court just found in favor of Sydow for his claim of adverse possession in April 2026 and a overlay of the TD&H survey on the cur...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Sydow v. Douglass Properties

Your first highlighted quote is from a letter where Medar's attorney is trying to negotiate a location for a suitable boundary between Medar and Sydow...

3 months ago
Page 5 / 9