AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
paul-d
paul-d
@paul-d
Free
Joined: July 7, 2010 2:12 pm
Last seen: November 21, 2025 9:02 am
Topics: 23 / Replies: 465
Reply
RE: CYA Notes

One I see here is that the plan is not a guarantee of of title, only the location of the boundary lines. This is different than the OP, I think it is ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Pro and Hydrolite by Seafloor Systems

Just an off topic FYI if anyone is thinking of purchasing a Seafloor boat, though named Seafloor, actually using it in salt water will require you to ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Condominium Surveys

This sounds about right for how it works around here. The real challenge is coming up with plans that make sense for a 200 year old building where the...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Another Zone A

While I know that some will scoff at the idea, I have had success in the past with requesting that FEMA determines a BFE for a LOMA application. I sen...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: PS Exam / NH Legal Aspects

The exam was closed book when I took it, believe that is still the case. If you take the course at UNH with Eric Mitchell he will give you all the inf...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: PS Exam / NH Legal Aspects

Bill As Craig said, the UNH course is invaluable and will inform you on what you need to know to pass the NH portion. It is money well spent. Link to ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Pic of the day

Yeah, we won't be using that point.

9 years ago
Topic
9 years ago
Replies: 3
Views: 445
Reply
RE: Wetland Delineation - Anyone do this?

NH has a separate certification (license) for wetland scientists and another for soil scientists. I wonder how many states require certification to pe...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Map Check

I use the lot manager in carlson. Make sure the m&b on the plan matches the linework. It also describes the points at the corners. That way I can ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D 2016 Question

Can't comment on Captivate as we use Carlson controllers for our Leica robots. Our Carlson f2f is set up to draw 2 lines for some features (edge of p...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Technician pay

All I can think when reading the suggested pay, is how this ties in with the constant (and justified) complaints regarding being paid professional rat...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor Shortage Hits The Employment Marketplace

JPH, post: 453645, member: 6636 wrote: Not licensed in Maine, but I know a couple surveyors who are. They have a take-home test, but that's in additi...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson - LDT symbols

BlitzkriegBob, post: 453505, member: 9554 wrote: I don't know that you will have much luck getting an answer from Carlson on that one. I had a very si...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Professionalism and clients

I find that once I explain the non field related work that goes into a reliable boundary survey, the clients worth having get it. I was reviewing the ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: USED TRIMBLE R10 RECEIVER FOR SALE

No offense, but new poster who comes on here with terrible grammar and spelling (not a grammar nazi, but anyone who doesn't know the difference betwee...

9 years ago
Forum
Page 2 / 25