AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Pablo
Pablo
@pablo
Free
Joined: July 29, 2010 12:14 pm
Topics: 14 / Replies: 430
Reply
RE: Power Line Separation

Looks like a 35 ft. or 40 ft. pole with a 8 ft. xarm. I have never seen 6' xarms.With 6 bells on the insulator it's probably around 13.2KV, 2 wires s...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Tripod weights

Clever and just what I'm gonna make next. You can never have enough toys! Got plenty of useless weights after my hernia repair! 😛 Pablo B-)

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Lucas Column is Good--and Correct--unfortunately

Been to his seminar...Read most of his material....What I get is basically a surveyor gone bad and a lawyer who thinks he knows surveying. Doesn't kn...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: So... whaddaya think?

Freeze thaw action. Had some dam safety monuments at the 8,000 ft. elev. level that were set in concrete. The problem was the inside of the pipes/ca...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Tripod weights

Quick and easy...Firmly set one leg directly into the wind, two downwind. Take a 3/8" x 16 ins. spike and drive it along side the upwind leg till abou...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Windows "Compatibity Files" ?

I have Windows 7 Pro with XP compat and it is a piece of sh*t. Just keep your windows xp stuff on a separate computer and don't even screw with it in ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Oklahoma Pincushion

Oklahoma "Protocol"Random acts of non-professionalism...They are everywhere..:-( Pablo B-)

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Date Nails

Kevin,That's awful nice of you to leave them. When I worked for Pacific Power and Light we sometimes used the date nail to look up the year of the ea...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: You're 3/256ths of an inch off...

A machinist gone bad and turned surveyor! Did you check his pockets to see if he was carrying around a dimpler or micrometer?:-P Pablo B-)

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Should I file a monument record?

Vern,There really shouldn't be a question on whether to file or not to file. Working in Colorado the corner "monument" record is really an "opinion" r...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Pics from the field - west Texas

Last time I worked in an area similar to that, the jackrabbits were carrying a half bale of hay and a canteen! 😛 There was never any vegetative matt...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Topo inclusive of Boundary, or not

Wayne,I think you're not a very good business man and too good of a surveyor. Sticking to your guns on doing a complete boundary survey when a topo i...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Somebody pincushioned my.....

"my control point"? Frankly I don't see any identification or evidence of responsibility or professionalism. Leave something like that out on the pu...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: I Can Measure Better Than You Can!

Both using RTKMighty,I should have added to that quote as "no more no less".:-P Pablo B-)

13 years ago
Reply
RE: I Can Measure Better Than You Can!

Both using RTKIt could be worse. In CA, in San Diego I was told to change my street dimension between 2 monuments by 0.01' by a CA L.L.S. city survey...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Question - If you were out Surveying

You would turn into a snakeFart and vaporize yourself.Pablo B-)

13 years ago
Page 4 / 23