AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: Clark 1866 ellipsoid

@jacavell thank you. I was thinking that i just couldn’t get the information to stop bouncing around in the jug that sits on my shoulders. I have abou...

4 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 486
Topic
Replies: 23
Views: 2973
Reply
RE: Autocad Civil 3D

Civil 3d is the devil lol. I am trying to learn it myself. No training just this site and another software as a check. I am sure when i learn it i wil...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveys, Guns, and Racism ... Oh my!

I was taught when talking to another surveyor that we had a discrepancy with that words matter So if I called the other surveyor i might word someth...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveys, Guns, and Racism ... Oh my!

Stay calm breath and watch your six my friend.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Field Notes

@mightymoe i don’t know if google can help but i am sure my 8 year old and 11 year old can get me trained up lol. Its amazing they can figure out this...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: How Long Between GPS Control/Boundary Corner Occupations?

Sitting here watching my daughters riding lessons I pulled up the Trimble planning tool. It has a drag bar so you can go by time. And see where sats a...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Field Notes

Wow i have a IPhone and never tried that. I might have to experiment with that. When you scan with it will it scan to a pdf or in some other format. T...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: How Long Between GPS Control/Boundary Corner Occupations?

@mightymoe yes and that might be the case we have a situation now that has good geometry often. But that still doesn’t change the fact that as satelli...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: How Long Between GPS Control/Boundary Corner Occupations?

@sergeant-schultz yes sir i am. I go from surveying to farm and the phone is what is with me. Degnabit I need to buy a personal laptop and mount it i...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble 5601 DR200 + TSCe + Survey Controller v10.80 compatible?

Oh if you are electronic inclined. If you can figure out how to save to firmware on that 5601 and swap the internal battery i am sure several people w...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble 5601 DR200 + TSCe + Survey Controller v10.80 compatible?

Does the 5601 have on the side and top a place for a radio antenna. It might be simply in tge controller its looking to connect via radio. What you w...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: How Long Between GPS Control/Boundary Corner Occupations?

One thing is when you cannot based on the job and budget wait a while between observations. Is to lower or raise the rover rod by a minimum of .98 ft....

4 years ago
Reply
RE: How Long Between GPS Control/Boundary Corner Occupations?

@jitterboogie not far off at times for sure. They play a lot of games as well. Change names and signal messages. A lot of craziness at times. It woul...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: How Long Between GPS Control/Boundary Corner Occupations?

NGS has a sample data set that shows observation for a long duration GPS only I believe. But you can see the coordinates from each hour if I remember ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Nad27 to nad83 ncat

@rover83 yeppers. Once I updated my tbc today coordinates system manager it’s doing a fine job matching ncat now. I did use the multi ncat tool as i h...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Nad27 to nad83 ncat

@frozennorth see my lower post that’s exactly what was going on nadcon and ncat. Tbc was trying to use nadcon but was confused lol.

4 years ago
Page 85 / 139