AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: Nad27 to nad83 ncat

All i just upgraded the TBC 5.81 new coordinates system manager because of this. I now match ncat via ngs within the error of what ngs sais so this si...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Nad27 to nad83 ncat

@frozennorth that’s exactly what it is. I have to hold there monument anyway so if this upgrade doesn’t work i will just do like you say i could even ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Nad27 to nad83 ncat

@frozennorth gotcha i just received a email saying tbc has a coordinate system update. That supposed to solve this we will see. I will try. Only iss...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Nad27 to nad83 ncat

@bill93 about a 3ft. Only in easting. It could be a glitch on my end tbc lost connection to server so i am hoping when it gets working again its solve...

4 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 408
Topic
Replies: 24
Views: 2677
Reply
RE: Civil 3d couple questions

@va-ls-2867 will do thank you.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3d couple questions

@wa-id-surveyor are you cogoiing the deeds in civil 3d or just drawing them by bearing and distance. I use the cogo routine in tbc as it allows me to ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3d couple questions

@jitterboogie well its not so much the little error but the why. If i draw a line 200.00 ft or 900.00 ft where is the rounding coming from. I could se...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3d couple questions

@eddycreek i will have to learn how to do that. I had another job come in today. Description read N30 deggees 40 feet 30 inchesW 254.23 feet to a poi...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3d couple questions

@jitterboogie so all the help everyone gave me I appreciate it all from everyone. Yall have me learning. One issue arose that is driving me crazy. I...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: How Long Between GPS Control/Boundary Corner Occupations?

@scott-bordenet The constellation satellites are alway “falling” so always moving. Take any static rinex file from any survey. Look at the specific s...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: How Long Between GPS Control/Boundary Corner Occupations?

I would start with the RTK class guidelines by ngs. Now saying that it was written for base rover and gps. If you are collecting more that gps and glo...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3d couple questions

@wa-id-surveyor I am just learning civil 3d like I probably have less than a few weeks total and that has been a little here and there. I hired on a f...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Creek titles

@holy-cow north is up. Thats what my elementary teacher said. She always pointed to the ceiling so it has to be. Lol.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3d couple questions

@bstrand one of our cad people said they convert all figures or whatever to 3d poly lines and build surface. I have not built a surface but once in ci...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3d couple questions

@bstrand yeah I learned a few hard lessons on survey figures features today’s. I can still remember some old cad commands and i was trying to fillet a...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Working for a Surveyor that does not understand GPS.

The vendor training will get you a jump start on the data collector and rover but usually doesn’t teach the math underlying concepts of satellite posi...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3d couple questions

@norman-oklahoma thats the kind of stuff i am use to right there. Thats how i have done it in the past exactly. One shot on a power pole that has line...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3d couple questions

@rover83 Look it blows me away that people still don’t have a f2f mindset. I cannot believe how much connecting the dots that goes on in the year 2023...

4 years ago
Page 86 / 139