AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: NGS Geodesist vacancy ending 30 Aug 2023

Its still a rural area and nice for sure. Also i will mention this I dont work there but federal salary is just part of it. You get cost of living on...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Proper Drafting Practice

@jim in AZ. You are not supposed to tell me the answers lol that’s cheating. I actually have every one of his questions screenshot and a note in my no...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What do you do when you don't trust...

@hpalmer Some people have a unique gift they can just look at something and the error or issue just jumps out at them. New an imagery guy that could l...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What do you do when you don't trust...

@stacy-carroll I will say this. Having a PLS go to the field once in a while is worth more and sticks in one’s brain more than 6 months of telling the...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What do you do when you don't trust...

@dave-lindell my grandma might throw a cast iron skillet with hot grease lol. I loved her but never defied her. Lol

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Proper Drafting Practice

@chris-bouffard You are not the first person to tell me that. I do analyze everything. If there are 3 ways to solve a problem. I will do that for sur...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What do you do when you don't trust...

@dougie I guess having to pick my own switch so grandma could whip my rump and it better not break messed me all up lol. Oh did I deserve everything i...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What do you do when you don't trust...

@dougie oh my. I have to use the bigger field books now days. Easier to read my own writing. That might hurt a little lol. You know i got my rump cus...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Drafting question

@blitzkriegbob As a rookie. I am learning that some things have a minimum for requirements and others are the PLS preference from whenever. I did a r...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What do you do when you don't trust...

You know. When I was younger and less mature i had to swallow the dry bread of constructive criticism with nothing to wash it down. Now I am begging f...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC vs OPUS question

@steinhoff What epoch do you use at base and rover. I do the whole rtk and logging I remember that from the 90,s. A lot of what we do because of no ce...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Antenna Mask Angle

Wow. Yeah static is about the only reason to set an elevation mask less than 10. CORS stations are usually set around 5 but when processing you usuall...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC vs OPUS question

@steinhoff Is downtown LA Lower Alabama or Louisiana or Los Angeles. I appreciate the info. I have not done any stop n go since the USMC days. Glad yo...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC vs OPUS question

@steinhoff Thanks that’s awesome information to know. I truly appreciate that information. Its funny. I have my crews do third point cks just because...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Good Surveying Companies to Work for Near Pittsburgh, PA

If you get up that way let me know. Next time we go to see the wifes folks we will have to meet for lunch or something as we pass through. Her Aunt li...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC vs OPUS question

@steinhoff gotcha. I am about where you are then. Do you see the lower factor first go so if i am remembering correctly lower means my measurements ar...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC vs OPUS question

@gary_g Thats exactly what i have been doing so I can figure how the software works. Playing around with different settings etc.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Proper Drafting Practice

@holy-cow looks like if I ever get out of this parking lot i have a whole mess of studying to do. I am never going to learn all of this mess. Lol. But...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Hello from WY

@robasonpls Beautiful Country. I miss the west.

3 years ago
Page 58 / 139