AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: GNSS and Latency

@rover83 Thats what i am pushing for. Have a base rover and extra dc. Now two guys with rovers on a network or one with rover network or base rover an...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Proper Drafting Practice

@holy-cow Ok i got this from work today and will this get me the answer to the problem. I had almost forgot i had one of these. Only one i have. G...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC vs OPUS question

Speaking of using CORS. What are Yall using for centering and height errors on CORS stations and are you processing linear quadratic etc. seems I alw...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: The people you meet while surveying...

John you are most definitely doing the right things. Talking with people before hand. Just plain old fashion courtesy and respect. That prevents most ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: The people you meet while surveying...

@holy-cow undercover surveyor. Huh. . I may or may not have done some of that type work before. I got big in the calf once and the owner said she w...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC vs OPUS question

@dave-o oh man i speak Mississippi lol. No worries at all. You are doing what i have done. I would get a solution from something like opus and then ta...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC vs OPUS question

@dave-o you could post process those baselines. As a way to play with that aspect. So instead of OPUS using pages to process you can as well. TBC is ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS and Latency

KT 88 has hit on both issues. One the cell provider in which you are getting corrections to the rover. The other is the rtk network itself. I assume i...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Drafting question

@jacob-wall I never thought to try alt windows codes. I will have to see if TBC recognizes those. Thanks for posting.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Drafting question

@jon-payne Maybe i need to dig into storage and get my manual drafting books out from college. Since i have not used it its just a rough memory now.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Proper Drafting Practice

@notsomuch its ok. He has to have someone to pick on and well it keeps me honest. Last night at a 1130 my time i had already had a full day in the hea...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC vs OPUS question

@thebionicman Love it. Well everyone starts in wgs84 with gps. However no one well most no one is survey grade wgs84. Except for a few. I am with you...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Proper Drafting Practice

@holy-cow lines running north south converge at poles lines of latitude are parallel. I will not sleep a wink tonight. Darn you. Now i will have to bo...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Proper Drafting Practice

@holy-cow i am not sure i. Such a short distance my calculator could show that. Lol. I would have to do the math but my gut sais that short of a dista...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Proper Drafting Practice

@holy-cow well somebody had has to sometimes. This kind of reading helps me to harness my orbital side. Talking about numbers. When doing earth orient...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC vs OPUS question

So the opus is processed data. Your nnn.t01 is raw data unprocessed. So they will not match. You can send to opus throughTBC and or send to trimble rt...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Proper Drafting Practice

This is the kind of stuff you don’t get to read in a book. Love reading this type of information as ut is what happens every day and decisions have to...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Equipment for solo fieldwork

@ursinaa robotic total stations. Googling is not very friendly always for us land surveyors. Robot total station is a transit with a edm electronic d...

3 years ago
Page 59 / 139