AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 7:25 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: VDATUM anyone else can check if its working for them

Thank you. I now feel better that I am not doing something dumb. I appreciate your help.

3 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: RTK Base and Rover R12 and R12i

Yes rtk is real time kinematic no matter if its base rover radio VRS single base via cell or whatever. Topnet knet from all manufacturers geo++ fkp. A...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I fixed some of my Trimble s5 robot complaints...

I only use passive mode for traversing measuring rounds and to the mt1000 to a property corner while measuring rounds. Except if staking something ti...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Slow

@rover83 That is how I have been doing it. I just started out doing it to see have yet to hold the Trimble value but has been a good quick check. Mos...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: To the bottom!

@chris-bouffard We have a double whammy hitting us. I am just a low man but am keeping our shop going while the new boss is selected and or arrives....

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I fixed some of my Trimble s5 robot complaints...

Yeah i have not had that long for a shot. On DR depending on the angle you are shooting interior corners of a building etc the wider beam is frustrati...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I fixed some of my Trimble s5 robot complaints...

If it took me 5 seconds to get a shot with the s5 and Trimble access I would be upset as well. I have never had it take that long to get a shot unless...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Slow

@john-hamilton Thats good to know. I have only seen a small difference here in va so far. About.02 .03 ft direct distance. But I will go back on a slo...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Slow

It has been slow for sure. I submitted a 2hr file this morning. It was a while before I got the results back. Over an hour. I had to switch gears an...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Not sure who might be in need

This weekend I took the 9 year old to a barrel racing event. It was to raise money for breast cancer. They had a silent auction. She saw this fancy sp...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Rugged digital camera

I will ck that out. Well i will have my daughter load it for me. Lol. I only have the basic apps. But i can see that some are helpful for sure. I was ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Rugged digital camera

There is an app for that lol. We recently had a joint project that required an app Solocator. It has a compass and shows the lat long has description...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Map Reader Plugin

TBC allows this also. I can import the vector data from a pdf. Text everything comes in. I have seen some text be very quirky from an architect as I ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnetic Locator

@Strandly Around here some surveyors from the big city north of me seem to just cut fences. I have repaired a few in last month where they were lookin...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnetic Locator

I have used to pin flags in a pinch no sound but when they cross I usually find what i need. Schon is a good one. We had an attempted break in last c...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: point numbering schemes

I use alpha numeric for control and boundary corners. Comps or calcs have a alpha prefix as well. As staked of a calc gets a new prefix added or suffi...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Traverse adjustment by point/coordinates

If you want LSA then starnet or geolab or trimble business center or whatever brand of equipment you are running. So if carlson in field get carlson o...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Traverse adjustment by point/coordinates

I did see this online little program q-cogo. Kinda written for students but i did a quick look and it had traverse adjustment and a few other cogo bas...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Traverse adjustment by point/coordinates

I am with @rover83 if these are small traverses just google or grab almost any elementary surveying book and just build it in excell. I think i stil...

3 years ago
Page 51 / 139