AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 7, 2026 1:05 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2656
Reply
RE: Carlson Civil Survey

@norman-oklahoma Yeah We have the office backing so no problem there. We talk and come up with ideas I go through test them figure out the process and...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Civil Survey

@ozzy84 Yeah getting field guys to change is a tough one for sure. Getting them to understand the why is the most difficult. I am a o nice these days....

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Civil Survey

@ladd-nelson thank you. I will have to give that a try.

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Civil Survey

@ozzy84 Yeah I think that is what I will have to do. Then we can just do a global in text find in and replace with " try7ing to cut the drafting inte...

9 months ago
Topic
Replies: 8
Views: 2156
Reply
RE: Trimble 5700 base station

@hillsboro John is spot on on the spread spectrum. That airline thing probably has a web interface or a cable you can configure it so what you will ne...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Trimble 5700 base station

@hillsboro so you are going to need some internet capable device to connect to the base 5700. Historically I used air link modems. Or an extra data co...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Trimble 5700 base station

The 5700 should be able to send rtk corrections to your ag receiver. The 5700 is GPS only. Your ag may be GNSS I don’t know. You will have to config...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Control Monuments

@john-putnam Thank you. Always great getting someone who actually uses these things.

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Control Monuments

@john-putnam so the BP mons. Are you epoxy or that spacer thing like an anchor. I used the epoxy years ago. Worked great out west but not in the south...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Cleaning up

I still have my HP 32s II. My HP48gx SMI card. My HP 42 cv was lost during a deployment somehow. My daily now is the hp35s II only because it was allo...

10 months ago
Topic
10 months ago
Replies: 4
Views: 1590
Reply
RE: A few basic RTK questions

  I am a big fan of the raw data storage myself. We use Trimble but it has saved me from having to send a crew back before. Also I have been on...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: A few basic RTK questions

I am not familiar with rw5 either. But that’s the data collector file not the raw data. So you can have raw data for the vector that goes from base to...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Seeking help with blasthole layout

If you go with Trimble. Since you are already using 900mhz radio you could probably rent a rover use your base I assume it’s broadcasting in the area ...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Time and Entropy are undefeated

  I adjusted a rtk network some terrestrial observations from a job that the subject parcels were last surveyed in 1939 and 1958 for the ROW. A...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Schonstedt GA-52Cx vs Spot

I went through researching about 2 years ago myself. I ended up buying the ga52 but have a friend that has both the ga52 and the spot. He likes the sp...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Time and Entropy are undefeated

@mightymoe so true. If it was more I I probably would have moved along myself. Good grief I mean the math will lead you to the monument I am not getti...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Magnetic Locator Issues GA-52 CX

  LOL. I misplaced my HP35s had left it in one of the spare work trucks. Grabbed my backup hp35s it would not turn on. Replaced batteries still...

11 months ago
Page 3 / 139